+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: RED mannequin

RED mannequin

Well I have just completed an early prototype of a RED mannequin. It is cast so an identical size and perfect for wigs and costumes. This is version number 3 and the best so far but rather an ugly pink. It even has a little wig magnet which works like a treat!

Enchanted doll Mannequin (resin European sculpt) by Dina by Dina, on Flickr

Very cool! What a great way to store wigs and costumes- I tried something similar with a 2 part mold, but just the body... yours looks much nicer! I like that you included the head. I need a better place to store wigs...

I wouldn't mind a few blank heads for storing wigs and helmets too. what a good idea. What is it made of? I wouldn't want to do anything to my painted dolls that would harm the paint.

RED mannequin

This looks amazing! I really would love to make a mold of the head to try to make a wig I think wig-making can be a lot of fun

I'm just not sure how to make the mold yet 😄😄😄

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi, if anyone is interested let me know as I will sell these prototypes for US$95 .. they have been rather tricky and taken me all this time to work out a way, many molds and casts later, now to fine tune the outcome!
    Eventually I will get the right combination of casts, colors and finish. In the meantime practice practice practice!

Oh and this one was supposed to be rose-gold but turned out as a very spotty tan ...

Enchanted doll Mannequin (resin European sculpt) by Dina _3 by Dina, on Flickr

They are coming out quite good! I will agree the color is hmm, maybe not my favorite- but it doesn't look terrible at all.

I wonder how hard would it be to add a metal pole? It would be cool to anchor them to a stand so that when upright- they would be the same height as a doll (so you could put long dresses on it)
    Kinda like these:
    http://www.aliexpress.com/item/boy-b...463143873.html

Hi Galacticat, yes I am awaiting my metal poles and bases, they will be just the right height.

Great idea with the metal poles, I will keep my eye on this thread for sure.

What an awesome idea! I love that this even has a head. So helpful to make wigs or hats. I am not a seamstress, but might be interested in having it. Could you also make molds of her feet?

Hi Suok, I have also cast a foot and half leg.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information