+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Shipping to faceup artist in Europe

Scary stuff I feel like the best way to go is to send with a trusted person, huh.

It's the mail system that bothers me sometimes. Mistakes can happen , and it is very difficult to get help, when it is cross border. It happened to me with an expensive French, Jumeau doll. It was damaged when it arrived and I tried to get some compensation for it and it took about 6 months and they said that they can do nothing about it. And I had insurance on her. Very frustrating. It is scary stuff, Mekare.

Petraskova, is your doll send away now? I have a doll in the mail right now coming from the US and let me tell you, I won't be happy until she is in my hands! When I bought my porcelain Enchanted Emma she was living in Britain and did the world tour before arriving at my house. I thought both the seller and I would lose our minds with worry!

Skulptress, no she is not sent away anywhere. I bet you were stressed out! Especially when your porcelain was travelling around the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Petraskova View Post
    It's the mail system that bothers me sometimes. Mistakes can happen , and it is very difficult to get help, when it is cross border. It happened to me with an expensive French, Jumeau doll. It was damaged when it arrived and I tried to get some compensation for it and it took about 6 months and they said that they can do nothing about it. And I had insurance on her. Very frustrating. It is scary stuff, Mekare.
    Yes I also found out the hard way about Canadian insurance- you have to show that the package was damaged in transit- otherwise, not covered.

I think one of the issues is not knowing how insurance will work once the package crosses a boarder.

Shipping to faceup artist in Europe

The problem with mailing a doll like this, is the fact that you can exactly replace it. Everyone is trading across borders back and forth, I feel like the cut-off for taxes is way too small.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shhhhh no horror stories please my doll is currently traveling between countries!
    Fine jewels for dolls at Tiny Jewels Shop on Etsy
    Follow me on Flickr!

Good luck on her safe arrival!

Quote Originally Posted by allurose View Post
    Shhhhh no horror stories please my doll is currently traveling between countries!
    OMG! 🙊

No more horror stories

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Allurose- your girl is beautiful and positive and will arrive to you all safely!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information