+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: How to solve a Name Similarity between two different doll-related activities?

Just to let everyone who helped here with their precious advice and support know....

Isabelle (Iza) and me are now in contact, and we are sorting this issue out....
    She said it was a coincidence and explained ~ and I believe her, because I believe in coincidences, just I don't call them coincidences when they are so "incredible", I call them "signs" of maybe some particular affinity...so while we are trying to sort out the name problem (she may need some advice in what to choose now, she said, I told her that I think that Issadora's Pleasures and Treasures is very nice) maybe there will be interesting things to discover....

I am very relieved that it was like this and she seems like a very nice person.
    I write here because although she has an account in the forum, she says (as I suspected) that she is not so good at english (but comunication with her is fine).

I hope she'll be able to soon annouce what is the name of her choice to be used in the ED world for her activity and her handmade dollie thingies
    ~ I S A D O R A ' S · B L O G ~
    ~ is being constantly updated with new dolly GOODIES and adventures ~
    { Isadora's Atelier on Facebook } { Amarilli's Flickr }

What a nice outcome! Such a relief- !

How to solve a Name Similarity between two different doll-related activities?

So happy for you! Is there a chance she would just use Pleasures & Treasures? Without Issadora? It's still a bit confusing. Like a branch of your business.

Also, is her name actually Issadora?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well done! It's great when things can be sorted out amicably!! :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Mekare View Post
    So happy for you! Is there a chance she would just use Pleasures & Treasures? Without Issadora? It's still a bit confusing. Like a branch of your business.

Also, is her name actually Issadora?

Mekare, no, but she said she's used it as her nickname because it's a mix of her two REAL names.

Bibarina, Galacticat, I am also very happy for the outcome.

I don't know which name she will choose to use for the things she makes, she seemed confused too, as I also was at first when I found out. It's something one needs to think a little about to find the best solution !

Maybe you can give her here in this thread your opinion? after all it's still the same issue, and perhaps she might also use of your advice, like I did.....I am sure that she will read....you gave excellent, wise and benevolent suggestions to me, she might also need some support....

I think we both feel a little embarassed it was nobody's fault but both had sad feelings from this discovery, so it would be a nice ending if the sad can be turned into a nice, positive occasion to do even better...

How to solve a Name Similarity between two different doll-related activities?

It's a tricky situation for both of you, I'm sure!

What is her nickname on the forum?

I personally think, that only one of you can have Issadora (Isadora) in your business name, just because you occupy one niche and it will be confusing for people. Which in the end won't be a good thing for both of you.

Honestly I really-really-really love Pleasures & Treasures as a brand name. It's original and memorable. And it doesn't have to be someone's Pleasures & Treasures. It can stand boldly on its own. I'd go for that name if I were her.

That's my two cents.

annina is offline friendly Adminja
    Quote Originally Posted by Issadora View Post
    Hello Grevling and Enchanted Doll Enthusiasts!

This is my first post on this Forum, I joined here in the end of 2015 as a "Issadora".
    I'm sorry for late reply, I discovered the topic yesterday evening and I was a little shocked reading this public discussion about me without me.. it looks like criminal investigation but in fact what an unhappy debut I have here now It's not so fair to solve the problem in this way I think.. But my fault, I had a short break in hobby, I didn't check my flickr in time and I didn't know -_-
    Let me introduce myself and my activities in dolls-community now: "Issadora" this is my nickname inspired by my double REAL name Izabela Dorota (Isabelle Dorothy) and I use this form from July 2010, when I jointed to the international dolls-forum "Den of Angels" https://denofangels.com/members/issadora.51415/
    I started to sew for bjd for the first customers on DoA, they recognised me by my nickname so I started to sign my photos "Issadora's Pleasures and Treasures BJD", on my flickr I created separate album for my handmade works titled ~~Issadora Atelier~~ which means my name + workshop/studio/atelier. Nobody ever wrote to me because of my nick/sign/watermark and I don't feel like your "shadow" or "copy".. As somebody noticed I had many vocabulary-changes - the reason: the dolls and my creativity for dolls are my hobby from 2010 not serious business. I don't sell via eBay, Etsy or another e-store. I don't do malicious "promotion" - when I started my adventure with bjd/abjd I didn't know you. I love various bjd in various scale and I love to do things for them: clothes, shoes, wigs.. I don't copy you or somebody else, even if I use that signs "~~" I often use also "**" or "^^"
    But of course, I understand your point of view and my situation now.. I'll change my "name", I have no choice. But I need some time to create something "mine" to replace my current alter ego..
    Hmm, I think that's all what I could explain in this theme..
    I hope you understand me too ^^
    Thank you!
    Welcome to the forum, Issadora, and I'm sorry if anything I wrote made you feel bad, please accept my apology.
    Your post that I have quoted above (last post on page 2 of this thread) was invisible for the forum until now because users who are new or who have never posted before are set to moderated, this means we have to approve users manually, which I have just done now. Please feel free to keep posting, we would love to have you here!

I'm glad you can figure this out together and I wish you good luck to find the best solution for everyone.

Hello and welcome Izabela! I'm so sorry if you have felt unwelcome, it is really not the case, and it's just one of those unfortunate coincidences that can happen in life! To use a nickname for your hobby or business is very common, and I myself did this. Think of it instead as finding a 'twin soul' on the forum! You both have so much in common!

I have loved the outfits you make for a long time, and I am really looking forward to seeing some of your wonderful creations here! You must be so excited to have received your RED finally, and I'm sure you must have many ideas of things you would like to make!

Dear Iza,

thanks for replying, and welcome to the forum ! I am sorry that this thread made you feel like a criminal being investigated, I understand how it would feel like this, but I promise it is not the case. I too felt bad because of this issue and not knowing what was really happening (not hearing from you), but discovered now I had no reason to feel bad. As Bibarina said, I like to see this as "getting to know my Doll Twin Soul"
    The thread was mainly meant as a "please help" to solve the objective confusion of the name similarity in a technical way, also a little bit as a psychological support . I think that everybody who answered was really nice and understanding and very respectful towards both of us !
    I am sure you don't need to worry about an unfortunate debut, I'd rather say that it can be turned into something more positive than if nothing had happened so everybody can now welcome you in the ED world/forum (seen this was your first post) and get to know your creativity !

But I think it was really important to sort out this possible BIG confusion of names as soon as possible......
    I was just starting to put a little more energy into my dolly projects....for me too it's still a hobby but I am dedicating more attention to the doll world right now....so I thought that this problem had to be addressed as quick as possible !
    Last edited by Grevling; March 15th, 2016 at 12:42 PM.

welcome on the forum Izabela, it is so great to hear from you since I felt very strange to read about you and not from you, and I knew you were registered here, so I let you know about that discussion. I love all you do for dolls, since 2010 we know each other, and you made so many clothes for my dolls - different sizes, and also shoes, and wigs, and I never heard about other Issadora to be honest, and I guess it started to be problem once you got our own ED. Anyway, I hope you will find a nice name for you, so I will change then also description of your clothes since I think it is how it all started, that I show my bjd in your dress and stated that it is made by you - Issadora Atelier, but now I will need to make it clear which Issadora not to confuse anyone. I can imagine how hard now is to find a name and to be sure that it is not copy of anyone's name by accident, but you are creative I am glad that you both sorted this out, and I hope you will share your works here, since you make amazing things with dolls, and I know that your ED will be very unique and can't wait to see her. I know how long you waited for that doll So please do not feel bad anymore, be yourself, create and share this with us.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information