+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Tutorial: Body Blushing, Manicure, Pedicure

Tutorial: Body Blushing, Manicure, Pedicure

Quote Originally Posted by Galacticat View Post
    Great tutorial, and your doll looks gorgeous of course- thank you so much for posting! I may try ...
    Thank you! Yes, do give it a try! It's so much fun and makes the dolls so beautiful!
    Fine jewels for dolls at Tiny Jewels Shop on Etsy
    Follow me on Flickr!

Quote Originally Posted by Grevling View Post
    Great tutorial. Mmmhh my sealant didn't last THAT long thi hi, expensive yeah but fun and worth it.
    Thank you! That is a good point. Sealant does get used up and must be re-bought relatively often. The only supplies I have used up and had to replace are gloss (1 bottle) and sealant (many many cans).

But one can of sealant is definitely plenty for blushing ED. I think you can probably get two blushings out of one can. But it is good to order more because there is nothing more depressing than running out halfway through a project!
    Follow me on Flickr!

Quote Originally Posted by Leadinglady View Post
    Brilliant, in depth tutorial. It has helped to reassure me regarding application of sealant and which paint/brushes to use. Thank you for sharing allurose.
    Yay, I'm glad it was informative! EDs are so beautiful I think they all deserve blushing.
    Follow me on Flickr!

Quote Originally Posted by aneemal View Post
    Great tutorial, allurose! Thank you so much for taking the time to do this - I will make it a sticky so that it's always easy to find

I always wondered about the best way to seal the body in one go - I was laying the dolls flat and doing the front and then flipping over and doing the back... but by holding the doll up as you do, you're probably closer to ensuring total coverage.
    Thank you aneemal!

Yes, I think it is much better to hover the doll in the air than to lay her flat. Then you can turn her about to get all angles, and you can still hold the sealant can upright, which helps the spray come out evenly.
    Follow me on Flickr!

I agree!! Thanks Allurose for the tip on how to take her head off and string vertically for an even coat of spray all around! I was rotating my doll which seemed so tedious Next time I'll try this method!! Nice pics! It's cool you took the time to put this together for the forum.

Quote Originally Posted by dollcat View Post
    I agree!! Thanks Allurose for the tip on how to take her head off and string vertically for an even coat of spray all around! I was rotating my doll which seemed so tedious Next time I'll try this method!! Nice pics! It's cool you took the time to put this together for the forum.
    Thank you, dollcat! I'm glad it was interesting to you.

Here is an update: it has now been 6 months since I blushed Almas. Her blushing has a few chips from handing, dressing, and exchanging necklaces. It still looks great and doesn't need to be redone yet.. But I am happy, as usual, that I didn't pay someone else to do it, since it is so temporary.

Also I forgot to mention one MAJOR benefit of blushing, which is in preventing staining and yellowing of the doll. I tried a cheap action figure dress on her the other day and it IMMEDIATELY left black marks just from touching her. Like it was made of crayons!!! Terrible dress. I was able to get it off with a wet magic eraser, but even if that hasn't worked it was a big relief knowing I could always just remove her body blushing and underneath the sealant my $3000 doll would be fine.

ZM spray also claims to prevent/reduce yellowing. Not sure how true that is, but I know often dolls that look yellow just have yellowed sealant.

Spraying a resin doll protects it from stains. So I think it is very important to spray all resin dolls with sealant, even if you don't want to do any blushing.
    Follow me on Flickr!

Endurance

Thanks for the update Allurose! I really had no idea how temporary blushing might be. I guess like anything else these dolls have maintenance issues.

It made my day to hear that somebody out there is trying action hero outfits on their enchanted doll!!! Well, Wonder Woman always seemed enchanted to me, but you didn't give away who the action hero might be? Anyway, I'm glad the black marks came off your doll's protective coating.

I'm so afraid to do anything with my RED (except paint her). I just loved painting my doll. But it makes a person sad when the doll you own is painted, and there are no more to be found; so if you want to paint one again you have to erase your doll and start all over It sounds like this is an inevitable process and it is very helpful to have the information you've posted here with a sticky and easy to find!

So I tried body blushing my Popovy girl- and it worked really well! I was so pleased with the result. Now I don't have to be nervous about touching up my girls (the blushing wears off so fast if you change clothes)

Way to go Galacticat!!

Quote Originally Posted by Galacticat View Post
    So I tried body blushing my Popovy girl- and it worked really well! I was so pleased with the result. Now I don't have to be nervous about touching up my girls (the blushing wears off so fast if you change clothes)
    That's awesome! I would love to see pictures. I love Popovy dolls.

Yes, the blushing can come off really fast unless you never play with your doll. And I like to change clothes and shoes a lot!
    Follow me on Flickr!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information