+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Marina on TV

Marina on TV

Last week CBC (Canadian Broadcasting Corporation) aired a segment on Marina and Enchanted Doll on their "Exhibitionists" program.

You can watch the feature here: http://www.cbc.ca/beta/arts/exhibiti...kova-1.3534528

They made a small clip to share on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/CBCArts/vid...5146092509257/

The entire episode can be seen here: http://www.cbc.ca/player/play/2686966222 (might be for Canadians only, I'll try and get a copy to share)

It was a lot of fun watching them film it, and the reaction has been crazy. They said it's their most popular segment, and the Facebook video has been viewed 18 million times and shared 200,000 times!

Crikey, Martina is such an amazing Master Craftsperson. Inspiring, thank you.

I LOVE this segment, Marina looks so cute and I love the way the dolls are filmed with the rotation from all angles- such a great piece!

Louisville, Kentucky, USA (Home of the Kentucky Derby horse race & the worlds best Bourbons.
    I always enjoy watching Marina interact with her dolls. There seems to be such a special connection and I always learn something new about her viewpoint on life and art. Thanks for sharing, Chad, though I think most have already seen it.
    I wandered across a discussion on this video on FB. It was amazing to me the kinds of comments that were posted by people who really don't understand artists, dolls, or women's social issues it seems. Hopefully a few of us helped to enlighten them. :o)

I have watched this video a few times. It never gets old. I just love seeing all the dolls close up. And it's nice to see/hear Marina, of course. I hope she watches it, too. Thank you for sharing!

I've watched this over and over too! I love watching Marina interact with her dolls, and listening to her commentary. I wish I could be a fly on the wall when Madame Pompadour is auctioned! The atmosphere will be electric!

Like Bibarina,i have watched this over and over as well,i can't get enough haha!!! i really love those amazing close ups,they are spectacular!!
    BTW Chad,i'm in the uk and the entire episode played no bother x

I too, watch the video, over and over! I just love, how Marina uses hand motion, while speaking. She is soft spoken and especially charming. I feel, that I am right there in person, watching and listening to her. I hope that in the future, Marina will be able to do, more videos. It is a way for all of us, to really, get to know her and I like that very much. The photography was, excellent! Watching it on, The Exhibitionist on CBC, was even, more special, because I watched it with friends and family and after the segment was over, we had a very nice discussion, about Marina and her dolls. They did not know about, Marina and her Enchanted dolls and were asking me a lot of questions. The big question was, " where do you buy these dolls "? Well, that took a little bit of explaining. They also were amazed, that one doll can take up to 500 hrs. to complete. I consider myself very lucky, to have been able to own, a RED.
    Last edited by Petraskova; April 26th, 2016 at 07:34 PM.

I really love how "real" the video makes the dolls look- I have spent many hours of my life looking at photos of Marina's dolls- and yet, when it is live video footage it really makes them so much more real, you know?

Quote Originally Posted by Galacticat View Post
    I really love how "real" the video makes the dolls look- I have spent many hours of my life looking at photos of Marina's dolls- and yet, when it is live video footage it really makes them so much more real, you know?
    I know exactly what you mean. Remember the stop-motion movies of Marina's dolls for uh, I think it was Vogue and Lux? Those are just MIND-BLOWING. I wish I had the patience to put such a thing together.
    Here is the link in case you haven't seen it, or wish to see it again: http://www.clmfilm.com/artist/lacey/lux-voguenippon

There's another one where the dolls are bathing with fancy soaps and bath products. In my opinion it's even better than this one (but I forget where it is )

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information