+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Free Goodies!

Free Goodies!

Hello everyone!

Thank you for the requests! I am thrilled that you can use theses things. Some are going out across the US and some international. The things below are still available. I don't know if I will ever run our of mohair curls! I had so much to start with all custom dyed and cut for me by a rancher in the south west US. It only take a little to make a small wig so it may be a while before it is all gone. Also the roving is still available in browns, blacks, blonde, fuchsia, teal, and blonde silk tussah.

Goodie will be shipped on Saturday.

* Fancy yarn balls
    * And of course, all colors of mohair curls and roving
    * Doll magazines
    Last edited by Syaron; May 14th, 2016 at 12:53 AM.

I send you message via inbox

oh! i love free goodies, will message. thank you

I'm the same way. I have a stash to high heaven that needs rehoming. But I need to find it, first.
    In other news, I am curious to know more about your porcelain doll reproduction days! What did you do, if I may ask?

I have a long building in my backyard that holds my hobby supplies. I have often remarked to my partner that it is like an archaeological dig site. One can enter the door and walk backwards in time through my former hobbies with the most recent near the door and the oldest at the back. It is fairly well organized and labeled lol.

As to my reproduction porcelains, From my early years I always liked the unusual and strange. So when I began to make dolls I made thousands of fairies, wizards, and other fantasy creatures from tiny to very large. When I was older I started to appreciate my Native American roots (my mother is Seminole Indian, a tribe in Florida). People of color have sometimes had a difficult time in the southern US so my mom did not instill a love of our heritage in we kids until later in life. As a result I began to make exclusively Native American dolls with hand sewn clothing that was researched for accuracy by tribe. There were over 900 in North America at one time. That lead me to the one of a kind sculptured dolls that I sent you photos of recently. I still have many molds, liquid porcelain and my kiln should I decide to resurrect my porcelain doll hobby.

Louisville, Kentucky, USA (Home of the Kentucky Derby horse race & the worlds best Bourbons.
    I would love to see some of your own dolls, Syaron. Must be very nice to have an entire building to house your hobby supplies. My husband says there is a "warehouse theory". We continue to accumulate until we have filled up our "warehouse" or whatever space we have, so no matter how much space we have we will continue to store until it is filled. I am ready for an outbuilding since all inside space is taken up.

I have often thought I would like to learn to do felting, but have never gotten around to trying it.

Oh I am guilty of that too- moving from one project to the next. But I try to pack up a project I am less interested in as I will likely get back to it at some point...

Do you have any of the antique and vintage crocheted doilies and scarves left? Would you mind if I used them to make doll outfits from ?
    Also would be interested in lace and shimmery fabric- if there is any left

Quote Originally Posted by Syaron View Post
    I have a long building in my backyard that holds my hobby supplies. I have often remarked to my partner that it is like an archaeological dig site. One can enter the door and walk backwards in time through my former hobbies with the most recent near the door and the oldest at the back. It is fairly well organized and labeled lol.

As to my reproduction porcelains, From my early years I always liked the unusual and strange. So when I began to make dolls I made thousands of fairies, wizards, and other fantasy creatures from tiny to very large. When I was older I started to appreciate my Native American roots (my mother is Seminole Indian, a tribe in Florida). People of color have sometimes had a difficult time in the southern US so my mom did not instill a love of our heritage in we kids until later in life. As a result I began to make exclusively Native American dolls with hand sewn clothing that was researched for accuracy by tribe. There were over 900 in North America at one time. That lead me to the one of a kind sculptured dolls that I sent you photos of recently. I still have many molds, liquid porcelain and my kiln should I decide to resurrect my porcelain doll hobby.
    Wow, I'd LOVE to see your collection- I really love unusual and strange as well...

Quote Originally Posted by jilljackson View Post
    I would love to see some of your own dolls, Syaron. Must be very nice to have an entire building to house your hobby supplies. My husband says there is a "warehouse theory". We continue to accumulate until we have filled up our "warehouse" or whatever space we have, so no matter how much space we have we will continue to store until it is filled. I am ready for an outbuilding since all inside space is taken up.

I have often thought I would like to learn to do felting, but have never gotten around to trying it.
    I sold most of my porcelain reproductions at the many doll shows I attended over the decades. But I will be happy to post a few photos of my little creations in the right spot. I need to find where that is on the forum. I kept my favorites and my favorite OOAKs. I make poseable wire covered cats too lol. @jilljackson I purchased a bunch of felting materials, books, kits and balls of felt. The result? ONE tiny felted kitten and a bunch of holes in my fingers! Chalk that one up as done! Thankfully someone nearby has asked for the felting supplies so they will not just go to waste!

Thank you for sharing your goodies- you are the sweetest! *HUGS*

I'd love to see your wire covered cats...

I also have tried felting in the past and while it does look neat, it is not a great hobby for me since you have to pay attention and CAN NOT LOOK AWAY for even a second, or JAB!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information