+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: New Celestial chair

New Celestial chair

I have yet to photo Surrea on the new chair, but here is my latest chair done in gold leaf, tigers-eye and jasper gemstones. I call it the Celestial Chair.

Celestial Chair by Dina 2 by Dina, on Flickr

This is my porcelain Kyeema on the chair. She is bigger than Surrea.

Kyeema and Celestial chair by Dina _1 by Dina, on Flickr

Gorgeous! Fit for a goddess! Did you make those shoes too?

Louisville, Kentucky, USA (Home of the Kentucky Derby horse race & the worlds best Bourbons.
    Very bold look, Dina. I have a doll that needs an "ice throne".

Jill

Syaron - thanks, the shoes came with the doll and are also porcelain, very funky arent they!

Jill - it is definitely very Game of Thronesish. I plan to do a Crystal chair one day, bit of a logistical challenge though

Louisville, Kentucky, USA (Home of the Kentucky Derby horse race & the worlds best Bourbons.
    I've seen fantasy chairs done before but no longer have the information on them. Lost when my PC crashed taking all of my contacts. I have some cool metal chairs that work well with steampunk, but am short on "thrones"...
    The shoes are very cute & funky. Like the cloud motif.
    I love Game of Thrones & other Fantasy tales for dolls.

I too love the GoT themed ideas for dolls. I read and reread the books so much and just LOVE the tv series.

Those shoes are to die for!

I've never really done thrones before, not quite my thing. I did this one for the Vivid dolls contest and to have a larger solid seat suitable for both Surrea and Kyeema at the doll show next weekend. Cant wait to do a photo shoot with Surrea, but she is still dressed in Butterfly all ready for the show!
    Ill pop this chair on Etsy after the doll show.

The shoes are porcelain base with a lacquer coated paper, cord and ribbon up top. There are more photos of them on Kyeema on my Flickr. She came dressed in pink but the vintage outfit I have for her by luck matched the shoes being a gold dress and pink lined jacket. I had bought the clothes for Surrea but they were too big being for a UK Sindy Doll.

This is the vintage outfit .. Love it and glad it fit someone!

[url=https://flic.kr/p/Gfrh7D][/url
    ]Kyeema by Dina, in vintage by Dina, on Flickr

It looks great! Personally I love thrones

I love thrones too!!! Hooray for thrones!!
    I just love that outfit Dina!! She is supercool!

So I just fell in love with those shoes on Dina's doll and wanted to see if they were available from the artist. Her name is Randi Channel and she has an Etsy shop. She was so sweet and gracious to communicate with and responded right away to my inquiry. She offered to make the shoes if I would send her a tracing of my Isabeau's foot. Thanks to Dina I was able to do her one better. Dina had sent me a foot model for the RED's when I purchased my mannequin. Today I boxed it up and have sent it on its way to Ohio for her see if she can make the little cloud shoes. I am thrilled. Thank you so much Dina!!!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information