+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Not exactly a meet up , but (WhatsApp)

Not exactly a meet up , but (WhatsApp)

I recently got WhatsApp in an effort to be a bit more chatty with doll friends, since I don't always make it to the forums. Also, sometimes forums can be kind of single-topic and I thought, "wouldn't it be cool to have a place to talk about dolls and other things?"

Anyway, I'm not sure quite how it works but if anyone wanted to, we could start a group on there. Not to take focus away from the board here, heavens no, but just as a sort of accompaniment?

Anyway, Just throwing it out there.

peace!

It sounds interesting, but I use Tapatalk so much already I'm not sure I would use another app too. Do you know there is a chat room on Tapatalk? No one is using it much yet, but we could use it. It is associated with the forum.
    Fine jewels for dolls at Tiny Jewels Shop on Etsy
    Follow me on Flickr!

My gamer friends all use "line" - it's an app that makes it so you can message people in particular interest groups. Pretty neat actually. But, I will admit I rarely check in...

I think this is a neat idea. I feel like I have made friends here on the ED forum, but I also want to talk about my other dolls with them as friends rather than doll type specific.

I have seen the Tapatalk forum. My use of Tapatalk is sporadic because One of the other doll forums I visit has disabled it for security purposes. But it seems to work just fine here and on Den of Angels. (I confess that I reinstalled it after your encouragement, allurose! &#128516

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Den of Angels no longer allows Tapatalk. I talked the the mods about it. They didn't feel like the Terms of Service regarding email disclosure was ironclad enough. I understand their concern I suppose, but I don't share it. In my opinion having an app that can send pop up notifications for updates to subscribed threads is well worth it. It increases forum traffic significantly.

So it is still enabled for Hearts of Clay. Which is a great place to talk about other dolls by the way! There are lots of places to discuss porcelain bjds, and any other kind of doll can be discussed in the Tearoom (for off-topic).

I check Tapatalk 2-6 times per day, would be happy to chat with you in the chat room about whatever you like.
    Follow me on Flickr!

I am really liking Hearts of Clay- DOA has some pretty ridiculous rules. Not about recasts, I agree with their firm stance there, but about which dolls they will allow to be discussed. The narrow list of the specific kind of resin bjds that are considered "on topic" is irrationally narrow and nonsensical at times, which is annoying.

Quote Originally Posted by Galacticat View Post
    I am really liking Hearts of Clay- DOA has some pretty ridiculous rules. Not about recasts, I agree with their firm stance there, but about which dolls they will allow to be discussed. The narrow list of the specific kind of resin bjds that are considered "on topic" is irrationally narrow and nonsensical at times, which is annoying.
    They've made some progress with their on topic standards (like the dolls no longer have to fit a subjective aesthetic), but I do see what you mean. I think they are just so big already and don't want to get THAT much bigger by adding more doll types.

Glad you like HoC. I do too

I forgot why I never tried to use the Tapatalk chatty on before...it sends a push to all Tapatalk users even if they weren't participating in the conversation. It seems too pushy to me, annoying. For example, arcane, I was going to reply to you saying that I was deep in website work, or making a new pierce of jewelry. Or perhaps we could talk about the latest dolls.

It would be a nice conversation for the two of us. But for every other Tapatalk user it would be an annoying influx of notifications.

It also reminded me that I intended to turn OFF that chat room for HoC. Chat rooms are easily abused because they move quickly and aren't recorded. Then the people being insulted/flames expect the moderators to take action. But there is no record...I hope you see what I mean. It can cause trouble.

Maybe it would work ok for the ED or HoC community just because everyone is so kind. But there are always exceptions. So I don't want the responsibility of a Tapatalk chat room for HoC. Tapatalk only added the option to turn it off this week, I will do that soon now.

That said, it would be nice to have a place like you describe. I would be happy to try Line with you if you like. I think some of my other friends are on it.

I also chat with doll friends on Facebook.
    Follow me on Flickr!

I like HoC too, but having only one clay doll I wasnt sure what to chat about. I think we made new friends on ED because we all got the resins rather suddenly and shared the exciting experience simultaneously. I like my new friends and want to ask and chat about all sorts of inane questions being we are all crafty or art appreciating types. Hmmm maybe I should start a chat room via my blog thatcreativefeeling?

I would love to join in,i also love HoC having been posting there recently as i've just received my first porcelain doll!!
    i've never heard of tapatalk but will check it out.I tend to have only close friends and family on FB as i share lots of
    pics of my kids,so not sure about that... x

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information