+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12

Thread: Very quiet on Enchanted

Wow, Petraskova, I hope you have a safe trip and see Marina's art

I'm cheering for the blog entries this week!! I love the Marina's blog and think that it's a form of ART with all the photos and details and dialogue on the creation of breathtaking dolls. I'm glad Marina had a break but I'm glad she's back at work Hopefully there will be more pictures of the crumbly toes and fingers next week?

Quote Originally Posted by Petraskova View Post
    Marina's Enchanted doll Surviving, is a part of the Boobs Art Show in Brussels, Belgium until Sept. of this year. Her doll is a porcelain tribute to breast cancer fighters and the choices they face, as she has said on her blog. Congratulations Marina! I will be in Brussels on May 20th and will try very hard to find this gallery, as it is an honor to be able to see Marina's fine work, here. I hope it is open to the public.
    Surviving will be there in print form only, though, not the actual doll. Just wanted to make sure you know!

Facebook ~ Flickr ~ DeviantArt

Thank-you dollcat! Aneemal, I do know it is only the print as I researched the gallery, but thank-you. Now for the disappointing news, I am only in Brussels on Saturday and they are CLOSED on Sat. and Sun.! I am on a tour and only there for one day. So disappointed! I am looking forward to visiting your Country Aneemal, as I have never been in the UK. I will be in London as my first stop!

Quote Originally Posted by Petraskova View Post
    Thank-you dollcat! Aneemal, I do know it is only the print as I researched the gallery, but thank-you. Now for the disappointing news, I am only in Brussels on Saturday and they are CLOSED on Sat. and Sun.! I am on a tour and only there for one day. So disappointed! I am looking forward to visiting your Country Aneemal, as I have never been in the UK. I will be in London as my first stop!
    Aww, that is disappointing. I live in Belgium but on the rare occasion that I do go to Brussels, it's always during the weekend. It would take nearly 2 hours by public transport for me to go to that art gallery from where I live :-/
    For more pictures of Gwen, Arya and Moira, click here

Quote Originally Posted by Eiko82 View Post
    Aww, that is disappointing. I live in Belgium but on the rare occasion that I do go to Brussels, it's always during the weekend. It would take nearly 2 hours by public transport for me to go to that art gallery from where I live :-/
    Eiko, you live in such a beautiful Country! I was in Belgium some years ago as my sister and her husband lived there on a work contract. I love Belgium and Brussels and and happy that I am going back, even if it is for only one day. Sometimes tours are not always the best way to go because you have limited time in some places, but I travel alone, and a tour is how I must go. I didn't realize that I was in Brussels on Saturday and too bad that Gallery is closed. Thank-you for your comment.

Quote Originally Posted by dollcat View Post
    Wow, Petraskova, I hope you have a safe trip and see Marina's art

I'm cheering for the blog entries this week!! I love the Marina's blog and think that it's a form of ART with all the photos and details and dialogue on the creation of breathtaking dolls. I'm glad Marina had a break but I'm glad she's back at work Hopefully there will be more pictures of the crumbly toes and fingers next week?
    I enjoy Marina's blog as well- it really provides some insight into her process which is really inspiring.

I suppose it probably also encourages some of her more deranged "fans" into thinking that they have more of a "relationship" with Marina than they really do, but that is certainly not Marina's fault. I hope she can continue to ignore them and that her inspiration stays

I hope she does a fab costume for the next doll- her costumes and jewelry pieces are always so incredible and unique.

I really enjoy Marina's blog also, she is a terrific artist and has shared that passion, energy and skill in the past ... a real tribute to her contribution to the arts community and her fans indeed.
    I hope she is proud to have inspired so many folk out there to create and collect and derive a similar passion for porcelain dolls.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information