+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Mold companies?

Mold companies?

Hey guys! I wondered if any of you know good molding companies? I sculpt little parts of my feltees in clay (beaks, claws, etc) and I am thinking it might be nice to just get a few molds and/or casts done. That way I have them ready when I'm trying to make orders or make a larger number of one type of feltee. Anyone have recommendations? Thanks!

Louisville, Kentucky, USA (Home of the Kentucky Derby horse race & the worlds best Bourbons.
    Where do you want it located & what kind of volume are you looking at?

Um I'm located in the USA but I don't know if the company necessarily has to be located here. I'm not looking for huge volume. But if thats all a company provided I would consider it. I'm being open minded and flexible. This is a new idea and I'm just trying to figure out if its doable. It would make doing my platypus feltees and tiny birds easier to have pre-cast beaks ready. Or a mold to put the clay in or even make casts myself. The sculpting takes up extra time and makes it harder to create multiple at a time. I have a bazaar in November coming up and I'd like to see whats possible.

It would be very easy to make your own molds, just get some advice form you local sculpting supplier. They will suggest the silicone best suited for your project, either something very tough so you can push the clay into it or something more flexible if you plan to pour resin.

I have done a little research in that regard when I was actively working on sculpting dolls. But I don't have a lot of confidence in my ability to do it myself, it confuses me on multiple levels. And it would be time consuming and I don't have the supplies already. I was really more interested in having it done if I could.

If You are in the need of resin thingies; Haru Casting company makes nowadays lots of work for artists; they cast resin dolls. I don't know if they would do a silicon mold for You, but it doesn't cost anything to ask. (And they would cast the resin pieces for You too, but they must have some minimum order. )

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information