+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Making a Chair

Louisville, Kentucky, USA (Home of the Kentucky Derby horse race & the worlds best Bourbons.
    How in the world did you get the shape of the chair, Anna? It is extremely versatile and makes a wonderful accessory for your girl. I'm also very partial to chairs.

My partner has access to an engineering shop and he and I both weld steel. I asked him to put this together. It is several rings of different diameter welded together. The design still needs a little tweaking but once I have a chair that I am really happy with I will make a few and pop them up for sale. I will be sure to let you know Jilljackson if you are still interested. However I am not so great at making cushions...
    vimeo flickr website
    Be kind
    trying to be zen

I love the chair so far- did you weld it together? I'm amazed!

gorgeous!! Love the cushion fabric! Very elegant!

Quote Originally Posted by Galacticat View Post
    I love the chair so far- did you weld it together? I'm amazed!
    Thank you kindly Galacticat I am delighted you like it! On this occasion my partner welded it together and then powder-coated it. He is a much neater welder than I!

here is an example of a piece I welded together called "Dancing girl"

dancing girl by Mrs A, on Flickr

Quote Originally Posted by seraphicdoll View Post
    gorgeous!! Love the cushion fabric! Very elegant!
    Thank you!!
    Last edited by Anna; November 29th, 2016 at 03:34 AM. Reason: adding the bits and the bobs of answerings
    vimeo flickr website
    Be kind
    trying to be zen

Very cool- I like it!

Welding is a very tricky art- that's pretty cool you can share your interest with your partner

Quote Originally Posted by Galacticat View Post
    Very cool- I like it!

Welding is a very tricky art- that's pretty cool you can share your interest with your partner
    Thank you! He taught me! It is alot of fun, we have very different styles!
    vimeo flickr website
    Be kind
    trying to be zen

Louisville, Kentucky, USA (Home of the Kentucky Derby horse race & the worlds best Bourbons.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anna View Post
    My partner has access to an engineering shop and he and I both weld steel. I asked him to put this together. It is several rings of different diameter welded together. The design still needs a little tweaking but once I have a chair that I am really happy with I will make a few and pop them up for sale. I will be sure to let you know Jilljackson if you are still interested. However I am not so great at making cushions...
    The chair is unique, Anna, but I am also not good at making cushions. I do have some metal chairs, made by the son of a doll artist friend, but am more into more period furniture for my REDS.

Thank you Jill! I have yet to explore other kinds of furniture. I want to make a Diorama for my enchanted doll, all in good time methinks!
    vimeo flickr website
    Be kind
    trying to be zen

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information