+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Greetings from Pennsylvania, USA <3

The porcelain dolls do come up every so often that I've seen (stalking this board). But the price upon inquiry is usually very much reflective of the rareness and increased popularity/fame/price of Marina's dolls.

I also had always wanted a porcelain- but not one that costs the same as my car (my wife might leave me). I've had to content myself with my lovely resin girl and admiring the porcelain girls from afar...

But I do wish you luck, I guess you never know, and if you have unlimited sums to spend, I think your chances of success are much more likely!

Welcome and the best of luck! (I echo what Galicticat wrote!)
    vimeo flickr website
    Be kind
    trying to be zen

Thank you so much for the input!

Some additional feedback wanted - do you think it is possible for me to find a secondhand girl (nude is okay too!) for a range of 10,000 - 20,000 USD? I was trying to look around for guides or hints on the prices of her Porcelain girls in the past but did not have much luck. From your experience, is this a fair range? I am down with either costumed girls or nude girls. She just needs to be in good condition (nothing broken, make-up not blemished). I am open to all different styles of girls too! I just love the variety of cultures that Marina portrays in her dolls.

Thank you so much for the warm welcome everyone!

I think it's extremely difficult to say what the current value of a porcelain nude would be... But if the amount you've mentioned is indeed your budget, then it will certainly help your chances if you do specify the amount you are willing to pay in your WTB thread. Looking back through the Sales section, there were two dolls that were sold in the region of $10k, one in 2013 and one in 2014.

Also, just to reassure you, the makeup of a porcelain doll wouldn't be blemished unless the porcelain itself had sustained damage through breakage.

Good luck in your search and welcome to the forum

Facebook ~ Flickr ~ DeviantArt

Popovy Owner here too. I love the look of them. But my treasure is my RED named Isabeau. Good luck finding a porcelain girl. Having a sisters is wonderful! I adore mine! She is my rock.

Thank you so much for the helpful insight aneemal! I am not set on an exact price - but I believe I will be able to meet asking price of many of Marina's past dolls (with the exception of Madame P, Daphne, Cinderella, etc.) Of course it would all depend on if the doll was nude, costumed, etc. I think I'll keep my options open and see what comes my way! Crossing my fingers that a small lady is up for adoption soon. Super grateful for this forum and the wealth of information here.

Thank you for the good luck wishes Syaron! My twin sister is my cheerleader I'd say! She's also the level-headed one (hehe). But it's always so great to have someone to bounce ideas off of and gather support from. Like a sidekick.

Has anyone asked Marina if she has a porcelain doll to sale? no biggy to ask.

I have just sent another email - if at first you don't succeed try again! ^__^ I know that Marina and Chad get tons and tons of emails (I can only imagine) so this time I tried to be concise and to the point.

I wonder if she has any Porcelain girls in her storage / left over from galleries / etc. ? Or maybe even from her own collection (I read her blog post about her chosen dolls, and how sometimes she parts with them once they have fulfilled their roles).

Louisville, Kentucky, USA (Home of the Kentucky Derby horse race & the worlds best Bourbons.
    Would love to know if/when you get a response about a porcelain girl. It would give me hope that I might someday get one, though I wouldn't trade anything for the beautiful REDs I have. they just need a "cousin". :o)

I wonder how many emails they get a week from people still looking to buy porcelain or resin dolls- probably quite a few, especially after the recent ebay auction.

My guess would be that if Marina decided to part with a doll from a gallery or her collection- she'd probably sell it on ebay or at one of her events in person (does she still travel to doll shows? Maybe not anymore?)

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information