+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Greetings from Pennsylvania, USA <3

I will of course post right away if / when I hear an email response - I would be too overjoyed to hold it in! But as Galacticat said, I'm certain that Marina and Chad are inundated with emails so it can't be easily to sift through them. Has she ever sold dolls on ebay aside from her annual auction girls?

I think one of my ultimate dream girls would be Lolita (although I'm perfectly content with any of Marina's Porcelain girls!!) - does anyone know if two of her were made? If I remember correctly, I think there was a blog or flickr photo of her well after (maybe 2012) the ebay auction ran. This girl stole my heart!

Louisville, Kentucky, USA (Home of the Kentucky Derby horse race & the worlds best Bourbons.
    I'm not a good one to answer these questions, I'm afraid. I'm not good at keeping track of all the EDs--or REDs. As editor of Doll Reader & other doll magazines I had to cover all kinds of dolls, not just those I loved, so unfortunately lost track of (and opportunity) to buy an ED early in Marina's career when I could have afforded one. :o( Though I did write several articles about her and her beautiful porcelains and her very first REDs. Wish I had a do-over on that situation. :o)

jilljackson - I found a back issue of the Doll Reader magazine with your 2010 ED article on ebay this year - and enjoyed reading your article very much! Thank you

seraphicdoll - Hello I agree Lolita is a cutie!! I only remember seeing one used ED porcelain for sale on ebay by the owner in the last four years - it seems like it was listed for about $8K? There may be a better record in old threads here on the forum, as it seems everybody gets excited for porcelain activity, since it's so rare . . .

Welcome dearest seraphicdoll! So glad to see you here!

Seraphicdoll- just a word of warning here- on a couple of occasions one of Marina's earlier ED's has been listed on Ebay which has turned out to be a scam. In the rare event that you spot one, do ensure that it is a genuine sale!! ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by Bibarina View Post
    Seraphicdoll- just a word of warning here- on a couple of occasions one of Marina's earlier ED's has been listed on Ebay which has turned out to be a scam. In the rare event that you spot one, do ensure that it is a genuine sale!! ;-)
    That's right! That has happened a couple of times now. Definitely check references before buying a porcelain ED, and if it's on ebay, definitely check in here first as there is a better chance of someone on this board recognizing the doll and being able to say whether that person still owns or is selling her...

Louisville, Kentucky, USA (Home of the Kentucky Derby horse race & the worlds best Bourbons.
    Quote Originally Posted by dollcat View Post
    jilljackson - I found a back issue of the Doll Reader magazine with your 2010 ED article on ebay this year - and enjoyed reading your article very much! Thank you

seraphicdoll - Hello I agree Lolita is a cutie!! I only remember seeing one used ED porcelain for sale on ebay by the owner in the last four years - it seems like it was listed for about $8K? There may be a better record in old threads here on the forum, as it seems everybody gets excited for porcelain activity, since it's so rare . . .
    I'm glad you liked it, "dollcat". I did several. Her dolls are easy to write about.

Thank you everyone! Appreciate the warnings. I'm always wary of who I'm buying from to make sure that it is legit. It is unfortunate that there are fake listings out there, especially of dolls as rare and coveted as Marina's. In the past when I've bought art dolls, I've purchased them from forum / community members.

Also, I heard back from Chad today! It read:

Thank you for your email and interest in Enchanted Doll. For porcelain dolls, Marina no longer takes orders for them. From time to time a porcelain doll will be available for purchase either directly through her website, through a gallery, or through an online auction. When a doll is available it will be announced on her blog as well as Facebook/Twitter/email Newsletter.

If you have any other questions, please don't hesitate to ask.

This was what I figured - but I didn't think it a bad idea to email anyway. Besides, I was still pretty happy to get a response!! I wonder if there will be more gallery dolls soon? I have my fingers crossed that there will be more ED's in the future, besides the annual auction. Unfortunately, I don't think I have a shot at the Ebay auctions. Since the resin line is discontinued, I wonder if there will be more Porcelain beauties made soon.

Hello seraphicdoll,

I am also looking for porcelain ED and RED painted by Marina. I am searching for one for a longer time so I can give you advice

What I know RED are around 8.000 dollars (last auction I saw circa one year ago)- (maybe they are even more now). That are dolls painted by Marina. There are only few of them. Blank RED are bit cheaper but also very expensive. But I would LOVE RED painted by her!

Porcelain are much higher. I think nude porcelain could be sell for 30 000. But I might be wrong. But I read someone sold costumed Echo for 50.000 euro more than year ago so it is possible
    ED

Thank you Teri_doll for your wonderful insight! I hope that you will be able to find a RED painted by Marina!

After gathering advice from PED owners and talking it over with the family, I have decided to increase my budget to $15,000 - $25,000 depending on the Porcelain Enchanted Doll. Crossing my fingers that I will be able to purchase a girl with this new budget! Of course I will keep you all updated if I am able to make my dream come true!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information