+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Doll stand work in progress

Doll stand work in progress

Metal doll stand steel and copper with silver solder by Angel Lazhielle, on Flickr

Metal doll stand steel and copper with silver solder by Angel Lazhielle, on Flickr

Decided to make a few doll stands for my dolls. I couldn't find any steel sheets in Home Depot but hoping wood bottoms is good enough. Though it would be nice to have steel bottoms. I know where to get them but it's a hassle. I am trying a couple different ways for the stands. It's steel, copper, and silver solder for the metal. Need carbide drills for steel. Finally found use for these random drill bits I had a while back. So far it's taking me quite a while to make these. Maybe next time I will try steel with steel, has stronger tension.

Nice one!! Very neat work!! Here are my offerings!! I have been using steel plate and annealed copper wire, it sure ain't as easy as Marina makes it look!! There have been several attempts and I am going to use copper windings from an electric motor which is thick and flat.
    Last edited by Anna; December 19th, 2016 at 09:40 PM.
    vimeo flickr website
    Be kind
    trying to be zen

vimeo flickr website
    Be kind
    trying to be zen

Oh where did you find the metal bottoms? It's steel right? I am looking forward to your final results.

You can flatten the wire using a hammer.

Quote Originally Posted by Lazhielle View Post
    You can flatten the wire using a hammer.
    Aha that is smart! I didn't think of that! I will get on it a bit more. Yours are looking really good. I got the steel plates from my husbands work. He was saying that they should be pretty easy to come by. I will quiz him further. We are in the U.K. If you know anyone who works in, Fabrication. If you are in the U.K. I could send you a couple of plates, ( they won't be missed )
    vimeo flickr website
    Be kind
    trying to be zen

Oh wow that's very nice of you. Unfortunately I live in USA not in the U.K. However if the shipping is not a lot of money I could pay for the shipping cost. If there's 3x3" sheet about 4-6mm in thickness that would be awesome. Even brass could work for me. To be honest if I could I would make the stand out of brass. However steel is much stronger. Home Depot only had steel and copper readily available so I went with the lazy way. But steel needs diamond tools to cut and refine. I know some fabrication

Quote Originally Posted by Lazhielle View Post
    Oh wow that's very nice of you. Unfortunately I live in USA not in the U.K. However if the shipping is not a lot of money I could pay for the shipping cost. If there's 3x3" sheet about 4-6mm in thickness that would be awesome. Even brass could work for me. To be honest if I could I would make the stand out of brass. However steel is much stronger. Home Depot only had steel and copper readily available so I went with the lazy way. But steel needs diamond tools to cut and refine. I know some fabrication
    Leave it with me!

Just a note. If the stand is for a resin Enchanted doll, it's best the arms a re covered with some flexible product like https://sugru.com/ so as not to mark the doll.
    vimeo flickr website
    Be kind
    trying to be zen

I was going to use some rubber type glue that MB uses for her stands, but sugru could work too )

Untitled by Angel Lazhielle, on Flickr

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information