+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Kitty's Friends

Kitty's Friends

Kitty made a new friend at Christmas. Her name is Alanna and she just arrived from Canada. I posted her box opening on the waiting list thread. Here she is fresh out of the box "Fresh as a Flower"!

DSC_1415 by Heather, on Flickr
    Last edited by dollcat; September 13th, 2017 at 12:15 AM.

Aw magic!! Kitty! how wonderful you have a new companion!! I am delighted for you Dollcat!! That is brilliant to see!!
    Last edited by Anna; December 31st, 2016 at 02:33 AM. Reason: face-up query
    vimeo flickr website
    Be kind
    trying to be zen

Have you given any thought to her face-up? Eye - colour, hair style?? I am super excited for you!
    vimeo flickr website
    Be kind
    trying to be zen

I love a few looks by Marina that might be fun to try and copy. The first is Grimalda from the resin poster - I think she's an Asian sculpt? Grimalda breaks my heart. Then there is the look of the defiant porcelain Sapphire. Skulptress (here on the forum) posted her pretty resin Grace (painted by Mai) in the style of Sapphire. In the end, my heart will paint on it's own - which means my doll may be destined to wear miles of the black cat eyeliner I love. But it always helps to have inspiration, right?

Quote Originally Posted by dollcat View Post
    I love a few looks by Marina that might be fun to try and copy. The first is Grimalda from the resin poster - I think she's an Asian sculpt? Grimalda breaks my heart. Then there is the look of the defiant porcelain Sapphire. Skulptress (here on the forum) posted her pretty resin Grace (painted by Mai) in the style of Sapphire. In the end, my heart will paint on it's own - which means my doll may be destined to wear miles of the black cat eyeliner I love. But it always helps to have inspiration, right?
    Yes, you are correct, Grimalda is an Asian sculpt. Such a sweet mournful face and I think I saw that face-up which drew inspiration from Sapphire. Sapphire, Emerald and the Venitian, each has a special place in my heart. Yup, painting with your heart is the way forward. Hey, some days everything is better with yards of black eyeliner! Go for it! I am very looking forward to seeing Alanna, emerge.
    vimeo flickr website
    Be kind
    trying to be zen

Congratulations!! What a wonderful companion she will be!! Looking forward to seeing her painted too!

Anna - Oh good, I'm glad you confirm Grimelda is an Asian sculpt

Bibarina - Thanks for your congratulations!!

It's sort of sad it will be awhile before the weather will let me paint, it's snowing now But I took a few new pictures of Kitty and Alanna anyway . . .

[IMG]DSC_1539 by Heather, on Flickr[/IMG]

DSC_1508 by Heather, on Flickr

Looking forward to seeing more of your new girl - congratulations on getting her! These girls are definitely worth having a year or two of gifts all rolled into one! I would love to have another one someday... *dream*

Facebook ~ Flickr ~ DeviantArt

How wonderful!! Lucky lucky you!

Aneemal - I totally believe in your *dream* The dolls in Marina's Resin Poster broke my heart - who wouldn't want them all?

Lynne - Thank-you!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information