+ Reply to Thread

Thread: ED wig

ED wig

I am looking for a new wig for my resin European ED. Amadiz Studio on etsy have some beautiful wigs and they claim that their 4-5" wigs with their versatile elastic caps do fit ED's as well as Popovy. I have seen Popovy dolls wearing them but not ED's . Has anyone out there bought one of these wigs for their ED and if so, does it fit?

Hi,
    Thankyou so much. In fact, I am waiting for a wig from Amarilli, a beautiful chocolate Alpaca wig. I think when wigs are especially made for ED's you know the fit will be perfect. However, with the Amadiz wigs, although they state that the wigs fit ED's too I haven't seen any photos or heard from anyone that says this is the case. Thanks for your help guys.

My Popovy wigs do fit on ED's head- but they fit loose. They'd probably stick better with a wig cap. You can't really tell in photos though-

But yeah, I prefer a hardcap wig made particularly for ED. I bought a bunch at one point, should sell a few off...

Some of my Popovy hard cap wigs fit my Asian RED (mostly with a wig cap) but some are too big- plus they do tend to be a little out of scale. If Amadiz are making their wigs with a stretch in them, the chances are that it will fit, but I would imagine that some designs may work better than others. I think the European head is slightly smaller than the Asian head too, so I would bear this in mind as a lot of the RED's that I have seen sharing Popovy wigs have been the Asian sculpt....

The wig arrived a few weeks ago and it was a bit too loose but ok for photos. For the more fussier collector it would not do as it wasn't as snug a fit as I would like.

I do simple wigs for Enchanted, as far - simple, I am improving my skills everyday. They are yarn wigs, imitate alpaca. Very soft and nice in person
    I am fashion doll designer. I am making clothes, accessories - especially shoes for dolls
    Flickr
    Etsy

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information