+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Salutations from Edinburgh, Scotland.

Quote Originally Posted by dollcat View Post
    Hello Helen!! It's nice to meet you here. A resin enchanted doll would fit right in to your beautiful doll collection!! Hope it doesn't take too long to save the funds
    Thank you Dollcat, it is a pleasure you meet you too! I am delighted you think a RED would fit in with my collection and thank you for the compliment on my collection! I just love how the RED body is sculpted, it is just so natural and beautiful, and although it will be smaller that my minifees I think she will fit in with her elegance.

As for saving, my partner and I are looking into purchasing our first home, so it may still be a while before I am able to purchase a RED- which in a way is a good thing as I can't decide between the European/ Asian sculpt at the moment!

Quote Originally Posted by helenb92 View Post
    Thank you Dollcat, it is a pleasure you meet you too! I am delighted you think a RED would fit in with my collection and thank you for the compliment on my collection! I just love how the RED body is sculpted, it is just so natural and beautiful, and although it will be smaller that my minifees I think she will fit in with her elegance.

As for saving, my partner and I are looking into purchasing our first home, so it may still be a while before I am able to purchase a RED- which in a way is a good thing as I can't decide between the European/ Asian sculpt at the moment!
    How exciting! First home and first enchanted doll , all right around the corner. Saving for a doll is smart, then there's no guilt, just anticipation

It is hard to decide which doll sculpt to order. When I ordered mine, I had a hard time even telling the faces apart. But Marina's sculpts are both beautiful and so you can't go wrong. Maybe while you are waiting, one of the dolls will steal your heart and you can figure out which type she is?

How exciting! First home and first enchanted doll , all right around the corner. Saving for a doll is smart, then there's no guilt, just anticipation

It is hard to decide which doll sculpt to order. When I ordered mine, I had a hard time even telling the faces apart. But Marina's sculpts are both beautiful and so you can't go wrong. Maybe while you are waiting, one of the dolls will steal your heart and you can figure out which type she is?

Yes indeed! Although I think it might be quite a challenge to balance the 2, I would love to have both! But I am sure a RED will happen for me when the time is right (at least I hope so!) It will really be soemthing special to me to be able to bring a RED into my new home in the future.

I think I am leaning towards the asian sculpt RED as I prefer the less defined eyelids, narrower/longer? face, but both are equally devine (if only I won the lottery, I'd buy two!) I agree with you that they are tricky to tell apart especially if the details are masked by a face up but I'm sure in person they look quite different.

Which sculpt/s are your favourite?

Quote Originally Posted by helenb92 View Post
    Yes indeed! Although I think it might be quite a challenge to balance the 2, I would love to have both! But I am sure a RED will happen for me when the time is right (at least I hope so!) It will really be soemthing special to me to be able to bring a RED into my new home in the future.

I think I am leaning towards the asian sculpt RED as I prefer the less defined eyelids, narrower/longer? face, but both are equally devine (if only I won the lottery, I'd buy two!) I agree with you that they are tricky to tell apart especially if the details are masked by a face up but I'm sure in person they look quite different.

Which sculpt/s are your favourite?
    When I saw Marina's resin poster I wanted all the dolls!! I wanted to have the poster at my house. After what seemed like forever I have both sculpts . First I love one sculpt then I love the other. Right now, I'm painting them while the weather is nice, and the little Asian sculpt is my favorite. But she's a tricky to pose, if the eyes aren't set just right, she looks downright fearful. The Euro sculpt is very pretty in a cooler distant way. I think she's easier to pose as far as her eyes go! Every time I walk by my dolls, I stop and move them a little bit and test the light, they are fun to play with . . . I don't exactly have the poster but I love my dolls.

I hope you find the right doll for you!! Are you on the waiting list for a doll? I'm not sure if anybody is getting dolls on the waiting list anymore, as there hasn't been an update to that thread in a few months. Or are you planning to buy a doll with WTB add here at the forum or on ebay? It's amazing how fast the WTB adds seem to work!!

When I saw Marina's resin poster I wanted all the dolls!! I wanted to have the poster at my house. After what seemed like forever I have both sculpts . First I love one sculpt then I love the other. Right now, I'm painting them while the weather is nice, and the little Asian sculpt is my favorite. But she's a tricky to pose, if the eyes aren't set just right, she looks downright fearful. The Euro sculpt is very pretty in a cooler distant way. I think she's easier to pose as far as her eyes go! Every time I walk by my dolls, I stop and move them a little bit and test the light, they are fun to play with . . . I don't exactly have the poster but I love my dolls.

I hope you find the right doll for you!! Are you on the waiting list for a doll? I'm not sure if anybody is getting dolls on the waiting list anymore, as there hasn't been an update to that thread in a few months. Or are you planning to buy a doll with WTB add here at the forum or on ebay? It's amazing how fast the WTB adds seem to work!!

Oh gosh! I would love it if there were full sized posters for purchase! I'd decorate my entire room with them and then some! Wow! You're incredibily lucky! I hope one day I will be fortunate enough to own both sculpts as they are both equally charming! I'm still leaning towards the Asian scuplt, I wonder what the best eye size is for these dolls? They really do have a different air about them but still equally intoxicating.

Its really exciting seeing the new posts from Marina on her blog of late too, I hope we get to see more its always facinating to see the masterpeices coem together.

As far as I am aware the waiting list has been completed? So hopefully there are one or two left over, as I'd prefer to purchase a doll directly and get one of those gorgeous tins too! I still have a long way to go in terms of saving up for one so it will still be a while unfortunately (praying for that lottery win).

P.S. Apologies for the delayed response!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information