+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Shopgoodwill.com selling a doll by "Marina Bychkova"

I had emailed the Shopgoodwill vendor about the mistake- and linked the Pinterest page (to show them), and also let them know this doll originally sold for $299 to help them out with pricing.

They just emailed me to let me know they'll close that listing and start another for her

I'm sure the bidders are irritated (there were more than 21 bids yesterday and she was up to $250) but I think she deserves to be sold under her own name... especially since goodwill is at least theoretically a charitable organization.
    Last edited by Galacticat; June 13th, 2017 at 07:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by aneemal View Post
    Aha! I knew I'd seen her before!! Thanks BellaBronte! That might just have driven me mad! I have one of Irina's dolls too! I love them.

@Galacticat Irina suedes her resin dolls. They have a lovely feel to them and don't immediately strike you as resin. They are extremely well made.
    I'll definitely check out the listing when it returns -

The seller said her joints are really loose- I'm guessing she probably needs to be restrung. I wonder how she ended up as a donation?

Here's what could have happened- some doll collector passed away- and the family didn't know what the dolls were other than a few names they got wrong when they donated them...!!! Having no idea as to what they were ... (I wonder if an Enchanted Doll was in the collection or where they got the idea she was that?)

Seeing this kind of thing makes me realize that I really do need to have an inventory somewhere with the names of the artist, purchase dates and purchase prices... If I dropped dead tomorrow, I'd like my wife to be able to sell the dolls (since I know she is creeped out by a number of them- especially my Marmite Sues) but it would be a travesty if she just donated them or couldn't figure out what they were...

Galacticat I love your idea of a list!! I need to make a list of my dolls too!!

I mentioned to my husband that when I pass away, he could sell my Enchanted Dolls for a good amount of money. He said that out of all my dolls, he could never sell them 'cause they remind him the most of me *blush*
    For more pictures of Gwen, Arya and Moira, click here

merrijane is offline Adorned and bejeweled
    Aww Eiko, what a lovely husband!

Let's change the subject...lol...

I've been periodically checking- but this doll never went back up on Shopgoodwill. I wonder what they did with it?

Hmm- but there is a new listing on ebay : http://www.ebay.com/itm/BJD-MSD-OOAK...QAAOSw-29ZTHWi

They may be different dolls, but this does unfortunately remind me of a bad experience I had with Shopgoodwill. I had bid on this rare piece of sound equipment (which WAS properly identified in the listing) and by some miracle won for a song. Only... when I sent my wife to go pick it up (I had to work that day)- they "couldn't find it." I looked online, and discovered many similar complaints. Apparently some of the SHopgoodwill employees are more honest than others... I actually wouldn't have minded so much if they had just TOLD us before my poor wife had to drive 40 minutes there and back- for nothing.

Maybe this thread increased the value of the doll? It's sort of interesting to see the way prices jump around?

Quote Originally Posted by dollcat View Post
    Maybe this thread increased the value of the doll? It's sort of interesting to see the way prices jump around?
    The doll is neat- but the seller in that ebay auction is I think very very optimistic...

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information