+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Doll that looks a lot like an ED

My first thoughts were also that this doll looks very similar to an ED. If I didn't know better, I would mistake it for Marina's work.

BelleNolia does seem to be aware of the similarities and has addressed this. So I'm gonna wait and see what the final doll looks like.
    For more pictures of Gwen, Arya and Moira, click here

Do you guys know if BelleNolia has ever made a doll in the past? Or is this her first doll?

As far as I know, this is her first doll.
    For more pictures of Gwen, Arya and Moira, click here

well.....I see no differences....pretty similar

Well, based on her descriptions it does look at least like she sculpted the parts herself, even if she did use her ED as a guide.

I agree that may people copy and are inspired by Marina- but Mai is such a talented artist, I hope she can develop her own unique sculpt at some point, as I'm sure with some practice she can do it. It could be she is copying Marina's sculpt so closely with her first doll simply because it is her first doll. Hopefully now that she's had some practice she'll be more confident in developing her own look.
    Last edited by Galacticat; July 5th, 2017 at 09:03 PM.

Louisville, Kentucky, USA (Home of the Kentucky Derby horse race & the worlds best Bourbons.
    It doesn't look as though much has been done for a while on this project. Mae is a wonderful artist. She has done several paintings and remodels of the Popovy Dolls for me, as well as painting a lot of REDS and other dolls for others. I own Nereli, which was originally her doll & I don't believe she has had any others for a very long time. She did have one other, I believe, which she also sold, about the same time Nereli came to me. It's possible that her own work might be influenced by Marina's work, but I think almost every fashion/art bodied BJD that has been created in the past 10 years has in some way or other. I'm sure her art esthetic will assuredly be her own.

BTW, I've seen several REDs for sale recently with Emails being sent to me. I was wondering if they were legitimate sales. Have you seen them???

Quote Originally Posted by jilljackson View Post
    It doesn't look as though much has been done for a while on this project. Mae is a wonderful artist. She has done several paintings and remodels of the Popovy Dolls for me, as well as painting a lot of REDS and other dolls for others. I own Nereli, which was originally her doll & I don't believe she has had any others for a very long time. She did have one other, I believe, which she also sold, about the same time Nereli came to me. It's possible that her own work might be influenced by Marina's work, but I think almost every fashion/art bodied BJD that has been created in the past 10 years has in some way or other. I'm sure her art esthetic will assuredly be her own.

BTW, I've seen several REDs for sale recently with Emails being sent to me. I was wondering if they were legitimate sales. Have you seen them???
    Hello, Jill, if you have in a mind me selling my two RED that yes, they are legitimate. Both dolls are painted by Marina and I am second owner of each doll. I have also contacts to previous owners so nobody should be worried.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information