+ Reply to Thread

Thread: The easiest joints

The easiest joints

Some of you know I am rather drawing and painting but I have some sculpey and stuff like that because I liked to sculpt when I was a kid. I had looked for tutorials but not found was I was looking for and thought I might ask here.

I would like to know if you have any tutorial or know where to get information about how to make the very easy joints on critters like connect the arm to a body, so it can at least hand without maybe able to hold a pose, just movable?
    That would be just with sculpey or any clay.
    And on the other hand if you work with fabric for a body.
    Any idea or where I could look?
    Till now I only sculpted like this but would love to go more into a doll direction

I would glad for tipps and hints, for anything
    Thank you!

The sleeping kitty on flower petals is soooo cute!! Did you sculpt him and paint him?? He would be adorable with joints, I hope you figure out how to make moving animals.

Quote Originally Posted by dollcat View Post
    The sleeping kitty on flower petals is soooo cute!! Did you sculpt him and paint him?? He would be adorable with joints, I hope you figure out how to make moving animals.
    Dear dollcat, thank you! Yes I did all that, sculpting comes kind of easy to me and this was for a friend.

Quote Originally Posted by Nada View Post
    Dear dollcat, thank you! Yes I did all that, sculpting comes kind of easy to me and this was for a friend.
    Wow!! I love this little cat

I hope I get to sculpting once again but please anyone can help me with the topic? Any hints?

merrijane is offline Adorned and bejeweled
    Hi Nada, I can recommend a book called Designing the Doll by Susanna Oroyan. It has lots of useful information for designing dolls of all kinds such as cloth, wood & clay. It includes techniques for wire armatures and many different joints. An excerpt from the back cover reads: "Covers a wide variety of construction methods, such as applications of wire armature in body construction, general concepts of mold making, sculpture mechanics, in-depth discussion of jointed figures and methods of assembling your doll." It may be of help to you.

Yay Thankyou! I am looking into it!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information