+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: 3 Enchanted Dolls for sale?

Quote Originally Posted by Dina View Post
    There are also two porcelains for sale - Pearl/Yasmin no 1 (Aaricia) and Lily.
    http://heartsofclay.freeforums.net/t...cepting-offers.

I wish I could afford Pearl/Yasmin wiht her Octopus tattoo. Sigh.
    And I really wish to see the thread. Is there another place to see these for sale?

Nada -

These dolls were also posted under the for sale forum here:
    http://www.enchantedforum.net/showth...CEPTING-OFFERS.

And I believe Pearl is also posted on Ebay

Quote Originally Posted by seraphicdoll View Post
    Nada -

These dolls were also posted under the for sale forum here:
    http://www.enchantedforum.net/showth...CEPTING-OFFERS.

And I believe Pearl is also posted on Ebay
    Thankyou very much!

Wow yes!! Hiw unusual is this do many for
    sale at once.!! Just a pity I have zero pennies x

I think there will be quite a few available for a while from the following people-
    a) people who didn't really want the doll by the time their name came off the list for the blank dolls, but got one anyway to keep for a while then sell
    b) people who got a doll specifically to re-sell
    c) people who bought dolls and later realized they couldn't really justify the purchase-
    d) a few people who maybe are losing their enchantment with RED now that Marina is for the most part inactive with doll making and there are other doll makers who are still active and who also now make pretty amazing dolls with amazing posing sculpts and accessories (Popovy, Marmite Sue, Tender Creations to name a few)

I was thinking that most of the recent sales were due to the 100 blanks released at once to the people who were still on the list, but probably the same kind of people have always been around, there are just suddenly more dolls floating around all at once so we are seeing more sales (rather than the sporadic sale of a re-seller following an in person/event purchase, say)

I've also noticed the price for second hand dolls dropped drastically- so that must be nice for those who didn't manage to make it onto the resin list before it closed.
    Last edited by Galacticat; August 2nd, 2017 at 11:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Galacticat View Post
    d) a few people who maybe are losing their enchantment with RED now that Marina is for the most part inactive with doll making and there are other doll makers who are still active and who also now make pretty amazing dolls with amazing posing sculpts and accessories (Popovy, Marmite Sue, Tender Creations to name a few)
    I've also realised this. When I started following ED, the Popovy Sisters' work was nice to watch, but now? Holy cow, new sculpts, faceups, clothes and accesories constantly, getting better every week, without losing in the slightest the artisanal feel they give to their dolls. I wouldn't invest thousands of $ in a blank resin ED that I would have to get painted and for which I'd never be able to buy a pair of original shoes anymore... This new Enchanted era is a little sad.

I bought and sold my lovely Surrea RED. After following Marina for so many years as an artist in awe of her world-class creations, Surrea became my first bjd. A very expensive investment at the time for me but her resale enabled me to become an avid bjd collector across many artists now.
    Beautiful porcelains and resins, amazing quality, artistry, dedication and unique styles. Plus their creations are dynamic and excelling at rapid pace in techniques and breakthrough artistry, a space once entirely owned by Marina.

Haven't been on this forum for a while and now I was blown away to notice there are four porcelain EDs on sale!! For years there has been none (at least can not remember... my memory isn't that good... ), and now so many! But sad truth must be, that there aren't many people capable of paying the asking price . Maybe the sellers should contact the collector who has bought the latest auction dolls, she might be interested and she might not know that these dolls are looking for a new home? Or is she a member of this forum?

Quote Originally Posted by Caracal View Post
    Haven't been on this forum for a while and now I was blown away to notice there are four porcelain EDs on sale!! For years there has been none (at least can not remember... my memory isn't that good... ), and now so many! But sad truth must be, that there aren't many people capable of paying the asking price . Maybe the sellers should contact the collector who has bought the latest auction dolls, she might be interested and she might not know that these dolls are looking for a new home? Or is she a member of this forum?
    I think people maybe got er... very optimistic about the value of their dolls after the last two ebay auctions for Madame P and Cinderella- which were $76K or so. I am not sure they all would have that value... unless it were the first Cinderella- I think a character which is incredibly popular. Madame P was also incredibly elaborate.

I too was very excited to see these dolls going up for sale. Unfortunately I cannot pay the asking prices, but I would have considered digging into my pockets if they had been between 15k-25k, which I think is more correct valuations, in my opinion. As much as I would love to pay 60-75k, I just can't, and I am unsure that is the true value of these dolls even if Cinderella and Madam P went for such.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information