+ Reply to Thread

Thread: News from Marina

Red face News from Marina

Check out Marina's blog, some very nice interesting news about a doll that she is kind of re-doing. Only not such good news about her kilns.

Cool! Glad she is playing with dolls again- isn't that doll her really large one? I love her metal headdresses- so intricate!

Yay!! This doll has a joint at the base of the neck/collarbone. I don't think I've ever seen one of Marina's dolls have a joint there?

I'm thinking she's a Rubenesque girl - so beautiful! I knew I had seen her before, and I think I found a picture of flickr of her (credit to El*Muneco*Bello):

https://www.flickr.com/photos/227431...7644675451575/

She's certainly incredible.
    My heart hasn't slowed down since I saw her photograph today.

Quote Originally Posted by dollcat View Post
    Yay!! This doll has a joint at the base of the neck/collarbone. I don't think I've ever seen one of Marina's dolls have a joint there?
    She experimented with it years ago- I remember seeing posts on her blog. I think she got a surprising number of negative feedback about it- maybe why she abandoned this doll for a while?

Since that time though Popovy and many other doll companies have come out with neck jointed dolls, and it turns out they make for fun posing. So maybe she is giving this lovely princess another chance...

Seraphicdoll - I love the link you posted as I totally missed this doll

Galacticat - I miss that blog! I guess there's reason to read it over from start to finish again? And find the story of the ugly duckling neck joints that nobody liked.

I wandered into Marina's blog today. Glad I did, nice to be greeted by another beauty wearing an amazing headdress! Pity about the kilns - hope she manages to fix them.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information