+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: News from Marina

Yeah, it's sad to see how abandoned the forum is these days. I used to love coming here to chat with other ED fans and admire everything that people would share here : photos of their dolls and all the beautiful creative things people created for or were inspired by EDs. Unfortunately, people no longer do this. I understand that people move on from fandoms/hobbies and that they'd sell their dolls or don't return to the forum.

I must admit that I'm honestly wondering if it'll ever pick up. Traffic on this forum has always depended on Marina's actions. If she posts new stuff, people become a bit more active. When she is quiet, this forum is very, very quiet.

We can't deny that in recent years, Marina hasn't been as active online as she used to.
    When I first came here in 2009, Marina was a lot more active. She'd regularly post photos of her new dolls, promote/showcase new items (tins, necklaces, etc), attend shows, have tours showcasing her dolls, hold the ED birthday contest, etc.
    That's no longer the case. There are rarely any updates on her blog. From what I can tell, it's incredibly rare to be able to buy an ED directly from Marina herself.
    The last time she had a doll for sale at a gallery, was Sleeping Beauty for sale at Strychnin Gallery in July 2013. The last public sale was the Ebay auction of Madame De Pompadour in December 2016.

I think the inactivity along with the fact that the prices of her dolls has reached far beyond the reach of regular people might be the reason why the forum is practically abandoned.
    For more pictures of Gwen, Arya and Moira, click here

It seems that this Forum has become very quiet since Marina sold the remainder of her unpainted resin Enchanted dolls. I'm guessing that the members that did not get the chance to purchase one of the last resin dolls, have maybe moved on to something else or maybe are purchasing other BJD'S? Let's face it, all good things eventually come to an end. I hope that this Forum and interest in Marina's dolls, does not come to an end, it would be a sad day, if it did.
    But I am hoping that we will always have Marina's Blog to keep us going and keep up with what is happening at Enchanted headquarters. Maybe Marina won't be posting happenings as often, but whenever she does, it will keep us going.
    We can't ask for much more.

I am wondering if things will pick up late this year - Marina did say that the beautiful doll with the headdress would be available Fall 2017. That may be more like winter (perhaps around the beginning of December), like Madame P's auction last year.

There are so many wonderful BJDs out there. Perhaps that is why other forums such as DOA are so popular, because the offerings of multiple companies and artists are shared. I find the most popular threads on there are for highly active companies that put out new products or updates frequently.

I think that there are still many followers of Enchanted Doll - the hardest part is converting that into fresh activity for the forum, especially when updates have been sparse. However, I am pleased to see Marina's blog posts / Instagram pictures in the past few months! I always share updates with my whole family.

I feel a bit ashamed now for not being too good of a dolly mommy at all! Life has been so busy. I really need to take some pictures. I bought a photo lightbox many months ago - and haven't even taken it out of the shipping package . . .

I agree that maybe I too should post more thoughts and photos about our enchanted darlings. It is too easy to let the hours then days slip by. These dolls are so precious and special. mine is so much more, as Marina so adeptly puts it, than a mere plaything.

Quote Originally Posted by Eiko82 View Post
    Yeah, it's sad to see how abandoned the forum is these days. I used to love coming here to chat with other ED fans and admire everything that people would share here : photos of their dolls and all the beautiful creative things people created for or were inspired by EDs. Unfortunately, people no longer do this. I understand that people move on from fandoms/hobbies and that they'd sell their dolls or don't return to the forum.

I must admit that I'm honestly wondering if it'll ever pick up. Traffic on this forum has always depended on Marina's actions. If she posts new stuff, people become a bit more active. When she is quiet, this forum is very, very quiet.

We can't deny that in recent years, Marina hasn't been as active online as she used to.
    When I first came here in 2009, Marina was a lot more active. She'd regularly post photos of her new dolls, promote/showcase new items (tins, necklaces, etc), attend shows, have tours showcasing her dolls, hold the ED birthday contest, etc.
    That's no longer the case. There are rarely any updates on her blog. From what I can tell, it's incredibly rare to be able to buy an ED directly from Marina herself.
    The last time she had a doll for sale at a gallery, was Sleeping Beauty for sale at Strychnin Gallery in July 2013. The last public sale was the Ebay auction of Madame De Pompadour in December 2016.

I think the inactivity along with the fact that the prices of her dolls has reached far beyond the reach of regular people might be the reason why the forum is practically abandoned.
    Agree with all of this...

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information