+ Reply to Thread

Thread: How to reattach a head on a RED?

How to reattach a head on a RED?

My REDs returned from their faceups with heads detached and I do not know how to put them together again!
    I have never strung a doll and have no idea what to do. Please help!
    Once they are reassembled I will do a photo session

Cheers
    MigMig

merrijane is offline Adorned and bejeweled
    That's exciting MigMig, I look forward to your photos! When I took my doll to Karina in Russia, I nearly had a fit watching her remove the head...and then she put it back on and made me do it! These dolls are strung very tightly, so you need to exert quite a bit of strength. Take the head plate off and place the head over the neck, grab the elastic cord attached to the silver ring and pull it as hard as you can until it's high enough to turn and position back into the opposing cross groove. Hope this makes sense, someone else may be able to explain it better than I.

I've removed MANY MANY resin and porcelain heads- but these ones are on SO TIGHT! I was afraid of breaking her somehow, or stretching out the elastic, so when my doll went out for her faceup, I sent off the entire doll...

The thing is, I wouldn't mind exerting all my mighty powers on a blank RED, but I would be nervous about handling a painted head the same way! :s
    Maybe wear some cloth gloves to protect the faceup?
    And I sometimes find it easier to pull the elastic with needle-nose pliers, rather than with my hands.

Good luck MigMig! - can't wait to see your photos!

Facebook ~ Flickr ~ DeviantArt

Galacticat, I sent entire dolls and received them disassembled
    Aneemal, the faceup artist advised to buy surgical scissors to grab the elastic.

I'm too scared to touch the dolls and want to know everything possible before trying to put them back together. I wouldn't do this now anyway as I'm in Europe, but on my return to Australia will try, once I'm over the jet lag.

Cannot even take photos because I only have a smartphone camera and I do not think it is enough for the fine details, these tiny eyelashes and freckles...

Cheers
    MigMig

Quote Originally Posted by MigMig View Post
    Galacticat, I sent entire dolls and received them disassembled
    Aneemal, the faceup artist advised to buy surgical scissors to grab the elastic.

I'm too scared to touch the dolls and want to know everything possible before trying to put them back together. I wouldn't do this now anyway as I'm in Europe, but on my return to Australia will try, once I'm over the jet lag.

Cannot even take photos because I only have a smartphone camera and I do not think it is enough for the fine details, these tiny eyelashes and freckles...

Cheers
    That really is too bad- I would have been quite annoyed if that had happened to me (not to mention worried). I wonder why on earth the artist did that? Maybe because it was too hard ... I know that my faceup artist couldn't get the head off so she painted it with the head on...

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information