+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Thread: New Enchanted Doll : The Perfect Wedding Gift

Hi Sharon. When I say, the doll is unusually beautiful, I do really mean it. I think this doll and costume is very beautiful! I don't know what you mean, when you say, " we all can't be saying the same thing"? The fans that are saying, the doll is wonderful and beautiful, etc, I am sure, really do mean it. You are entitled to your opinion and if you are not impressed, that is your call. it is good that we have " Freedom of Speech ". Hope you are well, after your surgery!

I guess what I am saying is the doll is nice, just not as nice as the last few. The outfit and accessories are wonderful, just the face doesn't do it for me. I am not enthralled where it seems you and some others are. We all like different things. There are a few of Marinas dolls that if I had the money I wouldn't hesitate buying because they are so wonderful to me. I did look online at a lot of pictures of this singer and she does have a lot of different looks. It could be very difficult to copy her face exactly if thst is what you were going for. Maybe that isn't what Marina was going for. I just like Emerald and some of the other Asians so much more. I think her name is Emerald and that is the one I thought I would get when I thought I was in line for one so long ago just before all porcelain people were dropped from the porcelain list. I loved her so much. She was perfect.

Quote Originally Posted by Shashy View Post
    I guess what I am saying is the doll is nice, just not as nice as the last few. The outfit and accessories are wonderful, just the face doesn't do it for me. I am not enthralled where it seems you and some others are. We all like different things. There are a few of Marinas dolls that if I had the money I wouldn't hesitate buying because they are so wonderful to me. I did look online at a lot of pictures of this singer and she does have a lot of different looks. It could be very difficult to copy her face exactly if thst is what you were going for. Maybe that isn't what Marina was going for. I just like Emerald and some of the other Asians so much more. I think her name is Emerald and that is the one I thought I would get when I thought I was in line for one so long ago just before all porcelain people were dropped from the porcelain list. I loved her so much. She was perfect.
    That's fair, Shashy, and your rite to your opinion. I never did think that Marina was trying to get the doll to look like Fan Bing Bing and we will not know if this is the case, only if Marina says that it is. But I do think, that the doll looks Asian. I really like her and keep going back to Marina's blog and looking at her photos.

I personally do think the doll looks like Fan Bing Bing, especially in this photo from Marina's Instagram .
    Now it isn't the full face and head 3-D scanned exact likeness of the superheroes Hot Toys action figures, which have a tendency to look a bit 'uncanny valley-ish' but it does look like Fan Bing Bing in a very stylized, beautiful way. In my opinion.

merrijane is offline Adorned and bejeweled
    The doll is certainly not a carbon copy of Fan, but Marina's dolls are always stylised. I wonder if Marina's initial reticence in accepting this commission, was partly due to her reluctance to make a totally realistic face. But I think the doll's nose, eyebrows, face and lip shape certainly reference Fan and the result is an Enchanted Doll version of her and that's as it should be (imho).

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information