+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: New Enchanted Doll : The Perfect Wedding Gift

New Enchanted Doll : The Perfect Wedding Gift

I have to give credit to merrijane for pointing this out to me and I totally made up the name 'The Perfect Wedding Gift' but check out this new Enchanted Doll.

The doll was given to a Chinese singer and actress named Fan Bingbing (fanbingbing00 on Instagram) as a wedding/proposal gift.

According to a Chinese article I found on Instagram and ran through Google Translate : Her fiance, Li Chen contacted Marina Bychkova about a year ago to commission an exclusive 'bride doll'. At first, Marina was reluctant to accept the order. After 4 months of sending Marina photos of his girlfriend and telling her their love story, Marina accepted the commission.

The doll is a OOAK. It was made in the image of the bride-to-be. The price was 300,000.00 USD (yes, that's three hundred thousand) or 234,000,000.00 (two hundred thirty-four million) Hong Kong dollar. It was presented to Fan Bingbing on her birthday, which is when Li Chen also proposed and she said 'yes'.

Well, obviously, I married the wrong man :-p
    For more pictures of Gwen, Arya and Moira, click here

This sounds like it might have been a top secret project? Maybe now that they are engaged, Marina can post some pictures of the project in progress, on her blog? It would be fun to see how the doll came to be born!

What an amazing doll! And that dress! Marina must have pulled some long hours to get all that beading done in just a year! Incredible.

What a marvelous doll and a beautiful lady.
    I was wondering if dress is inspired by the wedding gown the actress will wear or just another amazing work from Marina's creative mind.
    Would love to hear a bit of the back story for this gorgeous thing.

merrijane is offline Adorned and bejeweled
    Wow ELS, thank you for finding this extra information! That is one expensive doll...he must love her very much!

Wow- pretty amazing.

Wow!! She is so fabulous! That beading is exquisite!! J'adore!! What an amazing gift to get!
    vimeo flickr website
    Be kind
    trying to be zen

Quote Originally Posted by merrijane View Post
    Wow ELS, thank you for finding this extra information! That is one expensive doll...he must love her very much!
    Well, you're the reason I heard of this doll in the first place. So thank you
    The price blew me away tho. I think this must've been the most expensive ED made so far. That's more than Cinderella and Madame De Pompadour combined!

Quote Originally Posted by CarmenKE View Post
    What a marvelous doll and a beautiful lady.
    I was wondering if dress is inspired by the wedding gown the actress will wear or just another amazing work from Marina's creative mind.
    Would love to hear a bit of the back story for this gorgeous thing.
    It was a proposal gift so I'm gonna assume that they didn't know what her wedding dress will look like yet and that the design was Marina's.
    For more pictures of Gwen, Arya and Moira, click here

Great story and great find
    Today a Chinese news posted this article, hard to follow due to the online translation but they are clearly less than impressed with the extravagant expenditure.
    http://www.aiainews.com/recreation/2.../17/89838.html

I found another article - maybe the same or maybe just about the same kinds of things? Seems mostly critical that her ring and the doll were so expensive? http://www.chaofanzhuan.net/entertainment/17429.html

The article above makes less sense, but seems to say the doll doesn't look like "BingBing" and it was too expensive and that he should have bought her a resin doll or maybe Barbie? Not really sure...

Anyway- does anyone know if this is an original sculpt? I wonder if Fan Bing Bing asked him to commission the doll? Or if he knew she was a fan? It takes so long to make these dolls, I guess he had to wait for a year to propose just for the doll to be finished?

I wish we knew more about the doll and the process!
    Last edited by Galacticat; September 19th, 2017 at 12:14 AM.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information