+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: New Enchanted Doll : The Perfect Wedding Gift

Thank you Chad !!! you're great as always

and here is Fan Bingbing
    http://123movies.net/watch/yd63Nnv7-...-of-china.html

Quote Originally Posted by Chad View Post
    Here's the gallery: http://www.enchanteddoll.com/project/fan/

And here's Marina's blog post on the new doll: http://www.enchanteddoll.com/made-a-new-fan/
    Awesome! Thanks Chad- have been eagerly anticipating her post!

Quote Originally Posted by seraphicdoll View Post
    And I think that she looks very much like Fan Bingbing - with Marina's own style infused.
    To be perfectly honest, I don't think she resembles Fan Bingbing at all. She looks more European than Asian.

Still, it doesn't really matter what I think. The most important part is that she and Li Chen are happy ^___^
    For more pictures of Gwen, Arya and Moira, click here

Eiko82 I think the same. Maybe Fan would like to look more European who knows

And yes, good for them

I think I see a wedding ring on her hand? That's sort of neat, for this doll, to have a ring

I think the beautiful, remarkable bride doll, looks very much Asian. I think Marina's vision of what Fan Bingbing would like in a doll, is perfect, even though it is a surprise from her future husband. This doll is one, extraordinary masterpiece of all times! There will never be another like it. I think Marina will be swamped with future brides all over the World, wanting her to design their wedding gowns and how exciting this would be for Marina, but this is just my dreamy mind, thinking out loud! I have never seen something so unusually beautiful, as this doll ! You are the best, Marina! We all would like to see more, please! Thank-you!
    Last edited by Petraskova; September 22nd, 2017 at 05:27 PM.

I think the doll looks like an Enchanted Doll version of Fan BingBing- not an exact portrait but that is not Marina's specialty. I'm sure that Fan is thrilled with how she looks, I would be!

I'm sure Marina could design wedding dresses if she wanted to, and in fact a lot of doll costume artists move from doll design to fashion design (Jason Wu) or from fashion design to dolls (Eli Effenberger)- but I hope selfishly that Marina stays interested in creating beautiful costumed dolls as looking at them is just candy for the soul even if I'll never see them in person.

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by Galacticat View Post
    I think the doll looks like an Enchanted Doll version of Fan BingBing- not an exact portrait but that is not Marina's specialty. I'm sure that Fan is thrilled with how she looks, I would be!

I'm sure Marina could design wedding dresses if she wanted to, and in fact a lot of doll costume artists move from doll design to fashion design (Jason Wu) or from fashion design to dolls (Eli Effenberger)- but I hope selfishly that Marina stays interested in creating beautiful costumed dolls as looking at them is just candy for the soul even if I'll never see them in person.
    I too do wish, that Marina continues to create her most gorgeous, Enchanted dolls!
    Last edited by Petraskova; September 23rd, 2017 at 12:04 AM.

I'm so happy to see a new doll! I hope that there are more to come, like that closed eye one in the water...

I am not sure how to say this without sounding too critical because that is not my intention but this is a discussion group and everyone has different opinions. We can't all be saying the same thing over and over about how wonderful the doll is. I am nowhere near as impressed with this doll as Marinas other Asian and European dolls. This doll as a whole is lovely, the dress is gorgeous, the body is great and a lot of work has gone into her but the face looks kind of like Marinas first dolls. It doesn't have that awesome detail and uniqueness some of the faces have. I think it is the mouth and the flatness of the face. There are so many other of Marinas dolls that I would choose before this doll but the main thing is that the bride and groom are impressed with the doll. Also it is so nice that he did this for her, plus I am sure in person the doll looks nicer than the pictures. When you are spending that kind of money you better be blown away. $300,000 is a lot of money and I am sure if Marina is offered that much again she won't be thinking about doing it for very long.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information