+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Lady in the Garden

Beautiful photos! The wig goes well with the dress.
    What a project that dress was the very first one I made. I am glad that I have found now here closeby a seamstress who can make the dresses for me/Isadora (and perhaps sell them too).
    ~ I S A D O R A ' S · B L O G ~
    ~ is being constantly updated with new dolly GOODIES and adventures ~
    { Isadora's Atelier on Facebook } { Amarilli's Flickr }

Quote Originally Posted by Grevling View Post
    Beautiful photos! The wig goes well with the dress.
    What a project that dress was the very first one I made. I am glad that I have found now here closeby a seamstress who can make the dresses for me/Isadora (and perhaps sell them too).
    The dress is just beautiful- how on earth do you get the sleeves over the hands though?

Yeah it can be a concern as it was for the detached sleeves of a gorgeous dress diDě sewed for Isadora.
    In the case of the dress made for Els and Arya, I just made it large enough I guess the problem were the junction points (since the fabric was not of the thinnest) but once through there the problem is solved.
    There is one thing to say, fingers in older porcelain dolls are somewhat (slightly) thicker and the pinky is closer to the other fingers...
    So it’s less of a problem in relation to the newer dolls who have those precious dainty flittle ingers.
    But I remember someone in the forum making some kind of “sleeves” that would pack the hands in and protect them while you get them through the dresses’ sleeve.
    I have used plastic wrap for this purpose for a friend’s resin (the one I painted, Artemisia).
    ~ I S A D O R A ' S · B L O G ~
    ~ is being constantly updated with new dolly GOODIES and adventures ~
    { Isadora's Atelier on Facebook } { Amarilli's Flickr }

She is so pretty! I will always just sigh and sigh over those gorgeous painted eyes!!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information