+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Copy or inspiration ?

Dollcat, thank you for saying something, because I don't understand Chad's comment either. I thought I was just missing something.

It is a meme phrase, used with two pictures next to each other. The general idea is "You, vs. the woman your boyfriend says not to worry about." And there is a picture of a non-attractive person as "you" and a picture of a beautiful woman as the other woman.

http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/you-vs...to-worry-about

In Chad's case, he's saying Marina's doll is clearly the more desirable doll :P

Oh, NOW I get it! I'm too old, I'm clearly not up to date on current memes. Thank-you Tovah.
    And ouch!
    Last edited by nenethomas; December 5th, 2017 at 11:04 AM. Reason: added

There is nothing similar except the kokoshnik and even those are very different from each other. So actually, I don't see why there has been such a fuss over this issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Chad View Post
    You vs the Doll she tells you not to worry about

Lol exactly

It is the greatest form of flattery to inspire other developing artists although she could have mentioned her source of inspiration.

HAHAHA I had to laugh when I understood Chad's comment :P
    In fact, the work of this other person is so far from the original that it wasn't even clear for me what it was being inspired from.
    I thought maybe the doll could remotly remind of the one inspired by Leonardo da Vinci (she had a beautiful dramatic name which now escapes me) was it Illumination ? *edit: it was The Virgin*
    Anyway when Chad put side by side the two photos, it is evident where it comes from and that it's closely copied, although it doesn't have the same aura at all. So strange.
    This kind of reminds me when I saw a girl that looked like the twin of another girl I knew, only when I was about to say hello, I understood it was not her, because although the traits were alike, she has a much dimmer aura.
    Last edited by Grevling; January 7th, 2018 at 02:24 AM.
    ~ I S A D O R A ' S B L O G ~
    ~ is being constantly updated with new dolly GOODIES and adventures ~
    { Isadora's Atelier on Facebook } { Amarilli's Flickr }

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information