+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Interview with Marina by OhMoreStory

Quote Originally Posted by Eiko82 View Post
    Ladies, please calm down. I understand that you're both upset about what the other have said but I would politely ask you both to drop this discussion.

To be perfectly honest, I'm not even sure if the full episode of 'I'm An Expert' was ever aired on TV.If I go to Youtube, the 2-min trailer does not tell me on which TV station it aired. The channel that uploaded the video is called 'ThePowellStudio'. I've tried looking up this 'ThePowellStudio' on Google and the only thing I could find is that they are a video/film production company. Most of its videos on Youtube are about Vancouver so I'm going to assume that it might be connected to a TV station in Vancouver. But I don't know that for a fact. The episode might've aired on a local Vancouver TV station. It's also very possible that it never aired on TV.
    I am sorry, but I must reply to your comment. This never was About " I am an Expert " The discussion was about Marina's interview by OhMyStory. I Had mentioned that I got, I am an Expert mixed up with Marina's latest video, which was the topic of discussion on the Forum, that's all. Kapizonka came along and pretty much attacked me and said, that all I watched was a trailer of I am an Expert and asked where the 30-40 min. video was and that somebody has to have it. Now, what did that have to do with me or the OhMyStory video?? Just because I had mentioned a mix up with what I had watched. She made all kinds of accusations against me in a very rude manner. I have the right to defend myself, especially when Kapizonka made those accusations against me, and they were not true. I watched what I watched and said that it was only 2 mins. and she still said that I watched nothing and that the video is supposed to be 30-40 mins. long and that I had better post the video that is 30-40 minutes long, if I have it. How rude is this? She also said that this not news, that everyone had watched this video about 3 or 4 yrs. ago and I did say that I too, watched it some time ago, just that I mixed it up with the latest video. So what basis did Kapizonka have to attack me? Do you understand what I am trying to say here? Everyone has the right to defend themselves on the Forum. I did not say anything false and I sure got some rude comments back and I responded in a manner that anyone else would have, I am sure. And remember, this is NOT about, I am an Expert, but Kapizonka made it to be because she is upset that there is not a video that is 30-40 mins. long, which she thinks, there is supposed to be, but no one knows that for sure, anyways, not me. And now, all because of my mixed up video comment, you are wondering about, I am an Expert video, too. See how things can escalate, when there is a misunderstanding and it surely was not by me and I stand firm on that, sorry. I feel that I was attacked here, for no reason at all! Thank-you! Correction, OhMoreStory, not OhMyStory as I have said.
    Last edited by Petraskova; January 29th, 2018 at 11:18 PM.

Petraskova - I understand why you are/were upset about what Kapizonka said and that you have the right to defend yourself.

The only reason that *I* mentioned the 'I'm an Expert' video is 'cause Kapizonka has mentioned being upset about "people not showing the 30-40 min video" in 2 different threads. In order to provide more clarity on that particular matter, I wanted to know if there was any evidence that that particular video was actually aired on TV.
    In the meantime, Kapizonka PM-ed me the Facebook page of the 'I'm An Expert' Facebook page. It turns out that it was aired in January 2014 on Shaw TV, a cable TV channel in Vancouver. So it was only available to a very small group of people to watch in the first place. That explains why people were not able to see or share it online. In 2017, Shaw TV actually closed down in Vancouver, which means there is no way of anyone to see it online. Bummer.

LUCKILY, we still have this wonderful episode of OhMoreStory to enjoy. So can we please drop this matter and continue the discussion on the OhMoreStory video? If you still wanna discuss the argument between Petraskova and Kapizonka, then feel free to send me a PM and we can continue the conversation there
    For more pictures of Gwen, Arya and Moira, click here

Petraskova - I understand why you are/were upset about what Kapizonka said and that you have the right to defend yourself.

The only reason that *I* mentioned the 'I'm an Expert' video is 'cause Kapizonka has mentioned being upset about "people not showing the 30-40 min video" in 2 different threads. In order to provide more clarity on that particular matter, I wanted to know if there was any evidence that that particular video was actually aired on TV.
    In the meantime, Kapizonka PM-ed me the Facebook page of the 'I'm An Expert' Facebook page. It turns out that it was aired in January 2014 on Shaw TV, a cable TV channel in Vancouver. So it was only available to a very small group of people to watch in the first place. That explains why people were not able to see or share it online. In 2017, Shaw TV actually closed down in Vancouver, which means there is no way of anyone to see it online. Bummer.

LUCKILY, we still have this wonderful episode of OhMoreStory to enjoy. So can we please drop this matter and continue the discussion on the OhMoreStory video? If you still wanna discuss the argument between Petraskova and Kapizonka, then feel free to send me a PM and we can continue the conversation there
    Thank-you Eiko.

I love the little glimpse of the Theodora Rex doll, and her final? hair-do in the OhMyStory video. She's not in full frame, and you really only just get a passing glance, but from what I can see, I really like her hairdo. I have always really liked that doll, I love the way her eyes are crinkled up, like she is just getting ready to smile.
    This is a teeny bit off topic, but my husband and I are watching Knightfall on the History channel, and the hairstyles of the medieval Queen Joan of France are really amazing. I have always been really drawn to the elaborate medieval hairdos, which is probably why I like the Theodora doll so much!

Also, Eiko THANK-YOU for your impeccable detective work and awesome moderating!

I just loved this video. It evoked so much for me. The shot of Marina, closing her book, was very story-esque. I loved the shots of simple things like reaching up to the wooden drawers, that felt like a wizards place. This is where the magic happens. The plant room I love the strikes me as a princesses tower and gosh, I adored seeing Mme Pompadour again. I love the soft grey ringlety wig and the fantabulous ship wig. It was fascinating to hear about how Chinese culture has influenced Marinas work. The wonderful furry assistants!! And new dollness!! squeeee!! and hearty congratulations Marina and Chad, for getting married! I am delighted for you both! What a great video! Thank you!
    Last edited by Anna; January 31st, 2018 at 10:02 AM. Reason: stuff
    vimeo flickr website
    Be kind
    trying to be zen

It's not just you. It looks like a giant Clymenestra to me.

Do you think the blank Clymenestra doll is maybe 1:2 scale? It seems like this size doll would be expensive to wig (eek what fiber to use for long hair?) but a lot easier to wardrobe? Does anybody have a doll this big in their doll collection??

Quote Originally Posted by dollcat View Post
    Do you think the blank Clymenestra doll is maybe 1:2 scale? It seems like this size doll would be expensive to wig (eek what fiber to use for long hair?) but a lot easier to wardrobe? Does anybody have a doll this big in their doll collection??
    I have a Dollmore Trinity - she is 105 cm tall! Very heavy in comparison to most dolls. I think she weighs around 15 lbs (7 kg). Because I'm cautious, I'd say it takes two people to dress and pose her. Mainly because of her size, as the weight doesn't seem to be too much of an issue, especially if laying down. As for clothes, I know some other Trinity owners use baby clothing (bit tricky depending on fit) and toddler shoes. I believe toddler size 4 and 5 shoes was what fit them. I only have bought directly from the Dollmore website. Wig size is quite large - I believe size 13 / 14. I can only imagine how expensive it would be for a custom made wig. Eek! And a porcelain girl in this size?! I know one Japanese artist creates amazing bisque works - big dolls too. Search Koitsukihime doll! I think her biggest work was 130 cm.

Wow, there are always more dolls to be found, it seems! Those Koitsukihime dolls are just beyond beautiful!! I hadn't considered it might take two to pose a big dolly, even in resin? Marina's big prototype sleeper doll is perched on the counter/shelf like she is very stable there, but maybe she has a tether to anchor her, as she must be sort of heavy like your Trinity. I have two plastic toddler dolls that my great grandmother probably purchased in the '60's and they sit on chairs in my bedroom. At first because of their size and open eyes, they seemed a little spooky, but I've gotten used to them staring at me. A sleeping doll like Clymenestra wouldn't be so unnerving.

Marina's Illustration

I am in love with this illustration - I wish it were possible to have a print of it! It has the same nature of Errol Le Cain's fairytale illustrations, which I love. Marina's drawings are as masterful as her dolls

Facebook ~ Flickr ~ DeviantArt

D-storic has done life size BJD doll -maybe out of resin though? (google D-storic bjd).

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information