+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Shoe

Shoe

I've spent a lot of time on this shoe prototype but I'm not too happy with it. The toe is too angular, next time I have to alternate the decreases to make the shape rounder.

Should I make the second shoe, post the pattern and give away the shoes? Would anyone want them? Or should I chuck away this shoe and try again?

twigling Guest
    I actually like the angularity so I don't think you should chuck it, but maybe also work up a second shoe with a more rounded toe. I'm sure somebody would be very interested in a more pointed toe too a la poulaines...

I like it like that, and would love to have the pair, as would others I am sure. So dont throw it out. However I could see the appeal of a more rounded toe.

Oh Helene please don't chuck the shoes unless it's in my direction!
    They're so lovely,very delicate and perfect for Marina's dolls.
    A choice of toe shape might be nice and also give the shoes a different look.

I think they're lovely, what a great idea! I would LOVE the pattern!

Perhaps you could offer the shoes to us like you did with the hat because I'm sure that everyone would love this pair (once the other one is also ready). I wouldn't mind purchasing them.

Please, no throwing away!

This is amazingly cute. Bravo Helene!

Thanks everyone for the encouragement. I'll make the second shoe then. I think I'll rework the prototype before posting the pattern though, because my first version is not very rational.

I agree with everyone else. Helene... they're lovely!!! It's amazing how delicate they look : >
    enchanted doll outfits: www.orchidsdesigns.blogspot.com
    my artworks: www.monikaviktoria.com

blackwidow Guest

The shoe

You did a wonderful Job on the shoe you should keep it because its your first set when time times you will experiment more and try different things and its good for you to have your record of it and see your progression

Those are stunning, and so tiny and delicate. You make me want to take up crocheting again, although the best I could manage would be a tiny blanket.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information