+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Doll measurements

I'm not sure if this is what you mean, I measured just underneath the arm sockets, above the chest??

Under-arm/across chest circumference: 11.5 cm
    Upper thigh: 8.5 cm
    enchanted doll outfits: www.orchidsdesigns.blogspot.com
    my artworks: www.monikaviktoria.com

Oh, thank you so much Mayple. That is what I mean.
    It's not getting what you want, it's wanting what you get.:cool:
    http://dollutional.blogspot.com

Does someone mind measuring the top of the neck to the crotch? And the top of the neck to the torso joint, and the torso joint to the crotch?

If anyone would be so kind =P.

Edit: And the circumference of the shoulders? Like if you wrap the measuring tape around both shoulders. Thanks, hah. Sorry if this was asked already~
    Last edited by Orangey; June 8th, 2010 at 09:20 AM.

Could someone pretty please measure from a dolls waist level in the front, under her crotch to her waist level in the back? (You may need to measure with a string then measure the string with a ruler, since getting a measuring tape in her crotch seems hard!)

Could someone also please measure from a doll's waist to her ankle along the outside of her hip (ie. along where the side seam of most pants goes)?

Many thanks in advance for anyone who is willing to handle my requests.

hi, can you tell me the size of the head... I want to make a wig for my future doll, but don't know the size...in cm...

AvAtAr's question has now been re-asked (and answered) in a different thread, starting here.

~ ~ ~

Valleyviolet: now that you have Alice, you can answer your earlier questions here yourself. But you might want to provide those answers for others here, too. (I'll let you do this, because I don't know enough about pattern-making to know exactly where an ED's waist would be!)

~ ~ ~

Quote Originally Posted by Orangey View Post
    Does someone mind measuring the top of the neck to the crotch? And the top of the neck to the torso joint, and the torso joint to the crotch?
    So I/we can answer this accurately: Do you want contoured measurements (i.e., with the measuring tape/ribbon touching the body at every point, and following the curves of the body's centre line)? ...or "straight" measurements (as though the doll was standing against a wall and I/we were marking different heights on that wall)?

Quote Originally Posted by Orangey View Post
    And the circumference of the shoulders? Like if you wrap the measuring tape around both shoulders.
    With her arms at her sides, this measurement on my (white porcelain/"new bust") doll is 14.3 cm (5-5/8 in).

Could I please ask someone on the forum to draw around the feet of the resin doll please as I want to make some shoes. Marina has foot length on the web site but not the foot width. Tiny feet I might add, will be interesting. Also how flat are the feet? Can these dolls wear ballet flats or do they need some heel? Thanks in advance to whoever can do this for me.

Hi djward - looking at the shoes Marina has made for her dolls even the stiletto's are flat on the inside, just cleverly made. I think her new golden slippers (first seen on little red) are pretty much ballerina flats. The mary-jane shoes too.
    enchanted doll outfits: www.orchidsdesigns.blogspot.com
    my artworks: www.monikaviktoria.com

Hey, I was wondering if there were measurement differences between Marina's porcelain dolls and the resin line? I was thinkin of making an outfit or finding one on etsy for when my doll arrives but I wondered about the measurements. If anyone knows, I'd appreciate a reply Thanks!

merrijane is offline Adorned and bejeweled
    Ktewinc, sorry I can't help you with the exact measurements, but the resin dolls are smaller than the porcelain girls.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information