+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 20 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Ideas & Themes

Ideas & Themes

The Enchanted Photo Project

Introduction

The Enchanted Photo Project is a new idea, to encourage and inspire owners to take photographs of their Enchanted Dolls.

Here's how it works:

Each month we will pick a theme. That's what this thread is dedicated to, where everyone can post ideas and suggestions for possible themes.
    It's a sticky thread and we will continue to use it, for older and newer ideas.

The chosen theme will be announced at the beginning of the month, for example, "Kitchen Cutlery".
    Everyone can feel free to offer suggestions in the announcement thread - prop ideas, etc. The owners who would like to participate in that months project can gain inspiration that way, if they're having trouble.

Whenever the owners are ready, they can post their photographs in that month's 'gallery' thread.

In the meantime, we will have been trauling for ideas for the next months theme, and the process will start again, announcing the new theme for the next month.

~*~

For the owners: Please don't feel that unless your photographs are Chad-quality that you can't participate.

This is meant to be a fun project, to encourage hesitant owners to participate, and showcase their dolls. If your photo is blurry and taken at midnight - I'm sure we won't mind. Infact, you might get some tips on how to improve. Practice makes perfect.
    enchanted doll outfits: www.orchidsdesigns.blogspot.com
    my artworks: www.monikaviktoria.com

Now, First of all.

It's currently half-way through September. If we can agree on a theme in the next day or so, we'll have a test run. Then October will be the first full project.

So. Mini Theme's for September?

Themes open for wide or interesting interpretation would be best, emotive words, even colours.

"Your favourite ED Chair" is not such a good theme, because a lot of us don't have any ED furniture : )

annina is offline friendly Adminja
    what a great idea to start this!

ideas, just brainstorming:

- outside

- your ED in her favourite spot in your house

- you holding your ED (like in the previous thread that suggested this, people who don't like to post themselves could just post their hands holding the ED)

- your ED with an everyday object (plate, teacup, vase, telephone,.. )

i can't come up with better ones right now, but will keep adding, keep thinking about it!

i'm excited about this!

I think this is such a neat idea, Mayple! It would be so great to have a steady stream of new pics on the forum, and this is a smokin' idea to get them!

So my idea for a mini-theme is "Smoke."
    www.hometoyren.blogspot.com

Thanks for the responses (I'm sorry annina that you won't be able to participate till Iðunn get's back! )

So far so good, unless we get some more suggestions I'll announce the September mini-theme as "Smoke"

(my cryptic idea was: three)

annina is offline friendly Adminja
    Monika no problem, we will participate later when she is back home! it will be fun!

i'm looking forward to see this project enfold every month, such a good idea to inspire us owners to participate and create a flow of photos for the forum! ♥

Please people, send in some more suggestions!

I may have suggested "smoke," but I have no ideas for it at all.
    www.hometoyren.blogspot.com

Dollutional Pm'd me with this one:

I was thinking along the lines of how Marina has Cinderella or Alice in Wonderland.... maybe something like that so it would be a wide interpretation of what let's say snow white or little red riding hood or fairy or mermaid might be.

(I don't have an ED and I'm a terrible photographer, but it would be so neat to see what people's interpretations of characters would be).

I think it's a good idea for one of the (proper) Projects (maybe not September, since it's a half month)

But rather than narrow it down to ONE character, I'd leave it more vague, like "Fairytales"

ziggytaku is offline Adorned and bejeweled
    this is soooo nice so many things to think a bout
    Never stop dreaming, if you have a dream you have reason to live for. Don't let them die pursue them achieve them and find another to pursue.

I don't have an ED but have a few suggestions for a photo shoot :

- flowers
    - a day in the park
    - the sea
    - history or historical figures
    - fashion show or 'ED's Next Top Model'
    - black, blue, red, etc. basically a shoot with a colour theme

Hope that helps a bit.
    For more pictures of Gwen, Arya and Moira, click here

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information