+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Ideas & Themes

I like Fairytales, actually I like smoke too, but have no ideas for that one, well any that I am skilled or talented enough to accomplish, anyway.
    I love this theme idea to get more people posting--I am hungry to see everyone's Enchanted Dolls!

Mayple, I really like your idea of "kitchen utensils." Everybody has kitchen utensils, they make interesting contrasts with EDs, and they're likely to result in a fun batch of pictures to get the photo project started with.

I like the fairy tales idea too.
    Last edited by Ruth; September 14th, 2009 at 11:00 PM.
    www.hometoyren.blogspot.com

Oh I can't wait for my girl to get here so I can participate!!! I think we'll need to have a "nude" category though, because it's going to take me some time for me to get an outfit made, lol!

I'd like to see color themes. "Monochromatic" "Primary" "Pink" things like this. I don't have an ED, but I think they would come out beautifully.

We could add that to each theme as an undertheme, as well. "Yellow accessory" "Secondary dance" "Hues of summer" etc.

I think we might still be having to iron some wrinkles out in this new section, so Eiko pm'd me some suggestions:

- History e.g EDs in different time periods like Ancient Rome, Middle Ages, the Elizabethan age, the early 20th century, etc.
    - EDs dressed as historical figures e.g Joanne of Arc, Cleopatra, etc.
    - Colour themes e.g black, white, blue, red, etc.
    - 'Next Top Model' where we show our EDs like models on the catwalk or at a fashion photo shoot.
    - Emotions e.g happiness, sadness, loss, etc.
    - Nature themes e.g forest, beach, park, etc.
    - Shop 'til you drop e.g EDs who are shopping or exploring the city.

Hope those are helpful.
    Cheers

Eiko
    enchanted doll outfits: www.orchidsdesigns.blogspot.com
    my artworks: www.monikaviktoria.com

Thanks so much for the great response guys! I was beginning to get worried it might be just me and Ruth participating, lol!!!!

i think I'll announce the September mini-theme as "smoke" - it will be a good first challenge. I'll explain why I think it's a good theme and offer suggestions.
    If we realise from this "trial run" that it's too broad, we can narrow it down and be more specific for october.

Keep the ideas comming everyone!! Even if we don't pick it as a Photo Project Theme, seeing your suggestion might inspire someone to take some photo's around that theme anyway, just because they want to!!!

Quote Originally Posted by winternight View Post
    Oh I can't wait for my girl to get here so I can participate!!! I think we'll need to have a "nude" category though, because it's going to take me some time for me to get an outfit made, lol!
    They don't have to be costumed!! They can be nude, minimal props, no props, elaborate props, fully costumed.. whatever!

I just know how I felt when I didn't have my doll: hungry. Hungry for photo's. Any photo's. And hopefully this will be fun : )
    That's why I think theme's like fairytales is better than saying "little red riding hood" because you can choose who your doll would fit better!

We should start a calandar once 2010 comes around. Whichever pictures is voted the best for the forum each month can be that month's picture, and at the end of the year we could start a 2011 calandar with all of the pictures from this year.

This idea is so much fun! I just can't wait to see what everyone comes up with.

I like the color scheme idea a lot, because it's something everyone can do, even if they don't have many props or clothes.
    Dance like no one is watching

Quote Originally Posted by Kimmikat View Post
    This idea is so much fun! I just can't wait to see what everyone comes up with.

I like the color scheme idea a lot, because it's something everyone can do, even if they don't have many props or clothes.
    I second what Kimmikat said!

Great idea Monika

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information