+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Ideas & Themes

Quote Originally Posted by anneuk View Post
    I second what Kimmikat said!

Great idea Monika
    Thirded!

Looking forward to some creative photos!! Wish I could participate... anyone want to lend me and ED?!

Hi everyone,
    here i'm back again,after some vacation i got a lot of good ang pleasant moment playing with the doll
    this is a very good idea , correct me if i'm wrong but i think it's would be better to choose the thème for each month annoncing at the begining of the month.For exemple i thinking as thème : DANCE
    I already starting a costume of ballerina for my ED's, cause i am a great fan of classical dance, and i choose to present her in ( DIYING SWAN ) who are a little interpretation,not part of the ballet ( SWAN LAKE )
    And to make the TUTU the ballerina shoes and the crow, it will take me perhaps three month approximately
    that's why it should be better to annonce the thème at last two months before, to let dream the inspiration for each Owner.
    Of course everyone don't have to be perfect in her project, just the idea will be appreciate.
    Aniway i will try to do my best

That's a cool idea, i suggest a thème like dance
    to see ED's picture in différent costume and interpretation of any king of Dance

Manu,

thankyou so much for your ideas and contributions - they are very appreciated.

We are still unsure to what lengths people will go for the Photo Projects. At the moment I imagine it will be a slow trickle to begin with, I'd love for it to gain momentum though.

If it suits you, we could announce "The Stage" as a theme a few months down the track (that way it incorporates Dance, Theatre, Opera, etc) which will give you and others time to think ahead for such an elaborate theme.

Another great theme that people have taken a liking to so far is "fairytales".

Perhaps for the next theme or so, we might pick "simpler" ideas, to let people get the hang of it (and already be planning those more extensive photo projects down the road)

Other than that, "smoke" is the current theme for September (10 days to go!) and we have yet to decide on Octobers theme. Soon though, It'll definately be announced right at the beginning of the month.
    enchanted doll outfits: www.orchidsdesigns.blogspot.com
    my artworks: www.monikaviktoria.com

annina is offline friendly Adminja
    i agree with you Monika that for the coming months it would be a good idea to have simpler themes so people can get into it!

and "fairytales" will be a great theme, and we should have it come back several times i think!

noxy is offline Adorned and bejeweled
    well, I think October's theme should be "costume party"... in honor of Halloween. Hehe

Thankyou Annina and Noxy. Both great suggestions, you've helped me so much!
    Annina I've thought Fairytales is such a good theme it should definately come back several times. maybe later we can narrow it down to things like, Anderson fairytales, or, obscure fairytales, or, someone other than the main character in a fairytale, etc.

Noxy, THANKYOU!! Of course... living in Australia where we don't celebrate halloween I totally forgot about October-Halloween. But that is VERY fitting, perfect, CHOSEN!

I'll announce October's theme as Halloween Costume party!!!

Halloween, so cool, we don't really celebrate that here in Europe either, but that will be fun!

by the way, is it intended that posting in this section of the forum is moderated? just curious
    because it makes talking to each other a little difficult if one writes and maybe 4 others wrote at the same time, but it will only be visible later when the posts are all approved.
    but maybe there is a reason, that's why i'm asking.

Annina, we have no idea what's going wrong. Helene/Biscuitbear can't figure it out either.

For some reason we still have to approve each and every post by every member in this "photo project" section (i've even had to approve one of my own!!)

At the moment, we're just shrugging our shoulders and individually approving them all until we can figure out what's gone wrong.

It's a good thing I practically visit the forum in my sleep, lol.

ah i see, hope the forum will comply soon!
    unfortunately i know nothing about vBulletin or forums in general, so i can't help, but if someone reads this and has tips maybe they can help out.

and again, i thought the other day how cool these projects are, they will really be an inspiration for the owners and create more pictures for all members especially those who don't have a doll yet and only have owner-photos "to live from".
    so i cheer on all owners to participate, like Monika said, interpretate the theme freely and i would say, even if you only share one picture, it will be fun!
    and if you just can't at all relate to the current month's theme then just take photos with your own idea and post them in the regular gallery!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information