+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: *October/November 2009 theme: "costume party"*

Thanks lovelies :-) I'll see if I can figure out why this photo section hates me so much *boohoo*

Oh and aneemal *awwww* Your girls look amazing.. naked as they are :-P I can't wait to see them all done!! I want one :-P
    enchanted doll outfits: www.orchidsdesigns.blogspot.com
    my artworks: www.monikaviktoria.com

annina is offline friendly Adminja
    hahaha Monika, i love it when you and Fern are being silly, that ghost look is funny!

and WOW i love her costume, just amazing, and the bone crown, and like Noxy i thought the ball and chain on her is such a cool detail.
    i also love her wild wig that you made, it's so cloud like and cool!
    Fern is such a beauty!

Oh Monika, that costume is aMAZing! I sense a whole mythology springing into being all around Fern...There must be a story that goes with this costume and its incredible bone crown...All I can say is Wow!

Noxy, I can't remember if I told you how much I love your dolls in their party ensembles too! They remind me of 20s bed dolls, with their rather insouciant air.

Yren is hoping to fill at least the spirit if not the letter of the photo project this month... She is going to have her picture taken tomorrow, but her only new "costume" is a new wig that I made her. So for the Costumer Party she is "disguised" as a honey blonde.

Well, I could try to get a picture of her tonight, even though it's dark. If I manage one, I'll come back and edit this post.
    www.hometoyren.blogspot.com

Yren's Costume

So Yren ended up with a Costume Party identity after all! I found a blue dress and white pinafore for her to wear with her new honey blonde wig, and she turned into Alice in Wonderland!

Too bad her hair looks carrot orange here. It is very very late and the light is very very bad. But anyway, we're glad to have missed the midnight deadline by only 50 minutes.

Instead of a white rabbit she has Noxy's mouserat, and she's feeding him a carrot that Noxy also made.

www.hometoyren.blogspot.com

Mayple she's absolutely breathtaking, i LOVE this!! But then, I love anything you make. *sigh* I'm so jealous of your.... *ahem* Orchid's talent, i wish I could make stuff
    Dance like no one is watching

Ruth - yay for your little alice! And... why haven't I seen that amazing chair she's sitting on before? I love seeing ED furniture - Fern alas has, none. She gets to sit on building blocks covered in lace, lol.

Thankyou kimmi for the sweet words about fern's creepy costume. (and ah, orchids talents :-P

annina- fern and I love to be silly. I have so many silly ideas brewing in my head, if she had a more serious expression I wouldn't be able to execute them, but her little smile is just *pleading* with me to make mischief!!!

Thanks so much ruth - I really do try to infuse a sense of history and character into the costumes i make. I like to think that they're not costumes, but rather the outfit of a particular character, and when the dolls are in that outfit, they *become* that character, like a shape shifter or chameleon.

ANNOUNCEMENT

October's costume party has been extended to the end of November!

this is to help accommodate everyone who ran out of time, never got to start, to anyone who has a doll in surgery, or is still reeling from the shock of receiving their doll!

Anyone that has participated so far can feel free to participate again, with the same costume different photoshoot, or new costume new photoshoot!

enjoy!

Good, now maybe I have a chance! We've been doing the budget fo next year at work and it's been like 15 hour working days until this week so I was too exhausted to do anything but crash into bed, but I'll defnitely have time in November.
    Congrats to everyone who posted already.

Smile Finally...

Sorry about being LATE!

The last couple weeks have been chaotic but finally I finished the Halloween costume and photo shoot for Fiori(she was very very angry with my efficiency...)

Here are the new photos:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/40565918@N03/

Enjoy!

Beautiful pictures! I love the structure you gave to the skirt of the bat girl outfit, with the stiff pleats! And the "vampire queen" shot, with her wrapped up in all that fabric is just sooo amazing!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information